People that care about weddings...

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
I am hosting a bridal shower and bachelorette/lingerie thing.

The bridal shower has 100 formal invites costing my silly broke self a couple hundred bucks in design/printing/postage, but they're damn cute.

Anyhow, is it proper etiquette to also send real invites in the mail for the bachelorette? Or is an evite acceptable?

I'm cheap (obviously), but will do whatever is customary :) (And no... I don't want to ask the bride at this juncture).

Replies

• totally evite the bachelorette..

i have NEVER had a bach party with real invites....

plus you don't want it on paper ANYWHERE...for the future hubs to see and know where and when you are stealing his girl.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    E-vites are completely appropriate for a bachelorette party. Preferably something with a turgid member and BOING sounds.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing it right.

Formal invite for the shower.

Evite for the bachelorette.
  • ChihuahuaLover864
    Options
    I've thrown so many of these things both formal and not...bachelorette party is just fine with evites! Also, if you wanted to do a cheaper invitation do what I do and find a cool blank card online, pop it in Word or Powerpoint, and have kinkos print. Much cheaper.
  • bnsnwldwmn
    Options
    These days, pretty much anything goes. Use your friends and the nature of the event as your cues. The last bachelorette party I went to was organized via Facebook and word of mouth.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Awesome, thanks guys :)
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing it right.

Formal invite for the shower.

Evite for the bachelorette.

This
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    100 people at a shower?!!!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    100 people at a shower?!!!

I have no commentary for the shenanigans this wedding entails...

*tiptoes back out*
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever gotten paper invites for a bridal shower or bachelorette - those things are much less formal, email/phone or an evite is the norm.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Post the invites here, let us all show up and you're guaranteed a good time.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I've always received an actual invitation for bachelorette parties - even recently and for brides in their 20s. Perhaps it's regional. Dunno. But I still think e-vites would do the trick.

As for spending hundreds on bridal shower invites for someone else...what the crap!? You must loooove your friend. I'd hook that up on shutterfly for thirty.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I've always received an actual invitation for bachelorette parties - even recently and for brides in their 20s. Perhaps it's regional. Dunno. But I still think e-vites would do the trick.

As for spending hundreds on bridal shower invites for someone else...what the crap!? You must loooove your friend. I'd hook that up on shutterfly for thirty.

Yeah... I was dumb and had them designed in something other than 4x6... *grumble* Live & learn :)
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    just tweet and Facebook post the info
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You're a tremendously generous person. 100 people... way too much.

Anywho, Evite for the Bach party is absolutely acceptable, and so much easier to get people to respond because you can pester.

**Also, just because I feel like sharing today, I purchased the bridal shower invites for my MOH and just had them shipped to her house. I really kinda hate the pressure put on a bridal party to pay for things.**
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Everyone that came to the bachelorette party I threw, I spoke with through email. But another bridesmaid and I still sent out little bottles of champagne to each of the guests. It was nice, but not necessary.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is a lot of people. We had fewer than that at our actual wedding.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Wow. That is a lot of people. We had fewer than that at our actual wedding.

As well it should be ;-)
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Definitely e-vite, text, call, whatever. No need to be super formal (unless you're crazy rich and eat caviar for breakfast and lobster tail for an afternoon snack)