Low calorie, regular exercise - slow weight loss

Options
I'm eating healthy - my diary is public. I know I should be eating more calories but I'm eating close to the 1200cal mark and high protein, and doing 30 min of exercise a day... Surely I should have some more noticeable weight loss? I know that this is a life style change and I'm happy with what I'm eating, how much and not feeling too hungry or deprived. I have small treats here and there and don't feel the urge to binge. I know some people say to eat the calories you burn exercising back but I'm thinking at my weight I don't really want to do it :S any tips or things I'm forgetting? I drink nothing but water (should probably drink a tad more), have no fatty dressings and everything I eat unprocessed and cooked by myself. I have been doing bootcamp for about three weeks and eating healthy for a couple so I know it may take some time for my changes to start showing, I just thought I would have noticed a slightly larger weight loss then what I have had...

Replies

• sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'll check out your diary so I can make specific recommendations. Without looking i would suggest trying lower carb, lower sugar, healthy fats like olive/coconut oil, and eating 1200-1400 a day. I personally lost more eating 1300-1400 than I did with 1200.
  • miss_caseyyy
    miss_caseyyy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cool thank you :) I have been eating a bit of salmon and have cottage cheese with quite a few meals to bulk it up and add protein maybe I can try up my calorie intake slightly - just finding it rather daunting when it feels like that's how I gained weight lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    weight loss is slow...it just is...just like gaining weight is slow. It took me almost 10 years to pack on 50 Lbs...it took me around 9 months to take of 40 of them...from that perspective, it's actually pretty fast...but everyone just wants the weight gone overnight without regard to how long it took them to put it on.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How long have you been doing this? A week or two? Second, do you own a food scale? Third, it would appear that you dont' log consistently, which is a major requirement? And what are your stats and workout routine?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating so little? Your MFP calorie goal is 1800, you're eating close to 1000 and not eating your exercise calories back. You seem to have regular calorie deficits of around 1000 calories per day. That's not good.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Without any height/weight information it is nearly impossible to help anyone with this question....
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I lost weight quickly in the beginning but now weight loss has pretty much came to a halt. I try to eat 1200 or more but it is hard. I try to eat pretty healthy and healthier choices tend to be lower in calories. I don't know if I should just go ahead and eat a spoonful of peanut butter in the evening just to hit my calorie goal or not. It seems silly to eat when you aren't hungry. I could use advice also. I am 5'1" and currently 154 pounds