Anyone use the digifit app with a HRM + gen 5 Ipod

I have an older polar HRM and an Ipod. My HRM does have bluetooth capability and is read by most treadmills, bicycles, and elliptical trainers at our local gym. Now I'd like to take things a step further. Anyone have experience using the Digifit app with an gen 5 Ipod + HRM?

Replies

• MyIdaho54
    MyIdaho54 Posts: 81 Member
    bump, anyone have experience?
  • ausheli
    ausheli Posts: 43 Member
    Yep that what I use
  • ausheli
    ausheli Posts: 43 Member
    But having said that I had to buy a new polar transmitter to sync up to my iphone5, I bought he new polar H7
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    I use a Polar H7 and Digifit on my Android. Works great.
  • MyIdaho54
    Thanks! I'll probably need to buy a new transmitter as well. I just checked and the H7 is not compatible with an Ipod gen 5. :grumble: I'm the right track though, thanks again!

:grumble: :grumble: Geez, I need to take reading comp classes, it is compatible with ipod touch gen 5. :drinker:

Thanks for the report Brian! :smile:
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Ipod gen 5 (device dependent) should see a Bluetooth 4.0 (low energy) HRM. If not, the phone app works great. It's an option.
  • MyIdaho54
    Ipod gen 5 (device dependent) should see a Bluetooth 4.0 (low energy) HRM. If not, the phone app works great. It's an option.

Thanks Brian! I misread when I first looked, it is compatible with the H7. Good to know the phone app will work!