Wow DOMS

Options
So this week I worked in the stair machine to my cardio and added some weighted squat routines to my "resistance" days.
Wow I'm in pain!

Google has told me I'm experiencing something referred to as doms.

I now finally understand the leg day memes haha

My question is, do I still train tomorrow even though it feels like my legs are screaming at me?

This is the worst pain I've ever felt due to training, I'm sure it's not pulled muscles as it feels very different. A sore, hot, dull ache that makes me feel as satisfied as defeated :(

Replies

• pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'd stretch and do upper body, maybe walking on the treadmill. Nothing crazy with lower body.

Also, if it makes you want to crawl through your day, you can also take a pain reliever ;)
  • Kiayaxo
    Kiayaxo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I didn't even think of a pain reliever!
    Thank you! Maybe tomorrow isn't a complete write off after all
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Don't go off the DOMS...

As long as you have 48-72 hours of rest from your last leg workout - go get it. Muscle soreness =/= muscle recovery...

To help with the pain, I would suggest 10-20 minutes of light cardio, stretching and manual manipulation (Massage or foam roller).
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    rum-1004_black_01_lg.jpg
    bam
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Don't go off the DOMS...

As long as you have 48-72 hours of rest from your last leg workout - go get it. Muscle soreness =/= muscle recovery...

To help with the pain, I would suggest 10-20 minutes of light cardio, stretching and manual manipulation (Massage or foam roller).

+1. I also find that when I have DOMS going on, working out first thing in the morning gets rid of it for the rest of the day.