Lightheaded....

I did my workout, and not long after, I got very lightheaded. Now I have an extremely BAD headache, to the point where I am seeing stars. Anyone else get this? :sick:

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    I did my workout, and not long after, I got very lightheaded. Now I have an extremely BAD headache, to the point where I am seeing stars. Anyone else get this? :sick:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    are you hydrated?

Maybe you over did it
  • i just did a 50 minutes circuit trainning..I felt like I was going to throw up during the workout, but after I took a good shower and had a little piece of toast and eggwhite I felt so much better.. may be you should eat something..low blood sugar level may cause lightheadedness..and may be next time 30minutes before you workout eat a little carbohydrate (a little piece of fruit forexample) see if that helps at all..
    good luck..
    and good job exercising :flowerforyou:
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Do you get migraines ever? I do, and if I try and workout when I even have a small headache, I will get a migraine, only happens every once in a while so I have to be careful and only workout when I'm feeling really up to par. Hope your headache goes away soon.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Do you get migraines ever? I do, and if I try and workout when I even have a small headache, I will get a migraine, only happens every once in a while so I have to be careful and only workout when I'm feeling really up to par. Hope your headache goes away soon.

I do get migraines, but the headache didn't set in until after I worked out.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    sounds like electrolytes.

Get either some gatorade (I think they make a lower sugar one now) or a packet of Emergen-C.

I get these when the weather gets hot and stupid. It's dehydration usually.:flowerforyou:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Dehydration GTO, make sure you rehydrate darlin.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Dehydration GTO, make sure you rehydrate darlin.

Yep, sounds kinda like it...

For me, this morning I was mowing for about 35 minutes and it was very humid. I hadn't eaten a very big breakfast, just some apple sauce and a kiwi. Anyway, came inside afterwards and almost passed out. :frown:
    It was freakkkky! I ate something sweet (100 cal granola bar) and felt a lot better and drank a bunch of water.
    Not a good time....low blood sugar can do that to you too.