Spaghetti Squash Recipes??

Options
Looking for some good recipes that use spaghetti squash, I have tried replace regular spaghetti with spaghetti squash and wasn't a huge fan, but did like the squash itself, looking for new recipes to try it in.

Replies

• jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this receipe for Baked Spaghetti Squash with Cheese from skyinnytaste:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/baked-spaghetti-squash-and-cheese.html

Very good and pretty low calorie.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I think it is pretty good with nothing at all added. But here are some of my favorite ways to eat it.

With mushroom sauce (this is my husband's favorite)
    with pesto
    with a little grated parmesan cheese
    Saute some finely chopped vegetables and a lot of roughly chopped fresh garlic in extra virgin olive oil, then toss with the squash

The only time I've tried to substitute it for pasta and liked it was when I made a salad. I made it exactly as I would a traditional pasta salad (with vinaigrette dressing). It was DELICIOUS!
  • lwalrob
    lwalrob Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Here are two Spaghetti Squash Recipes:

Spaghetti Squash Pizza
    http://joandsue.blogspot.ca/2013/03/spaghetti-squash-crust-pizza.html

Spaghetti Squash Pancakes

http://www.thecoconutdiaries.net/low-carb-high-protein-spaghetti-squash-pancakes/

Both very tasty (I only tried the first pancake recipe. It was yummy)
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    garlic, olive oil, and sauted shrimp with fresh herbs.... over spaghetti squash that was baked in the oven... Delicious
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    omg have this every night. salt and pepper. and maybe a little butter. and maybe a little parm cheese. seriously almost every night. im not sick of it yet. have yet to try it with spaghetti sauce. maybe someday.
  • Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    CHICKEN TETRAZZINI WITH SPAGHETTI SQUASH
    1 spaghetti squash (about 3 lb.)
    1 tbsp. unsalted butter
    1 med. size yellow onion, chopped fine
    1 garlic clove minced
    1/8 tsp. black pepper
    3 tbsp. flour
    1 med. size stalk of celery, sliced thin
    2 c. low sodium chicken broth
    1 c. skim milk
    2 tbsp. low fat sour cream
    1 bay leaf
    2 tbsp. minced parsley
    1 tbsp. lemon juice
    2 c. cubed cooked chicken or turkey meat
    2 tbsp. fine dry italian bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slash squash in several places with a small knife. Place squash on an ungreased baking dish. Bake 1 hour or until it can be pierced easily with a fork. Cool for 15 minutes.
    Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, melt butter over moderate heat, add the onion, garlic, celery and pepper, cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Slowly add flour to vegetables, stir, add chicken broth, milk, and bay leaf. Cook about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf, stir in sour cream, parsley and lemon juice. Remove from heat.

Halve spaghetti squash, remove seeds. Scrape the flesh into ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole, smoothing into an even layer. Cover with chicken, then the sauce, top with bread crumbs. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with green beans and cherry tomatoes. Serves 4.
  • Mom2eio
    Options
    Wow, everyone thank you for sharing your recipes! I look forward to trying these!
  • MJ1975CA
    Options
    I make a modified version of the skinnytaste.com recipe previously mentioned (I leave out the onion and spinach, was experimenting with a friend) and it is very good. Try that recipe first :)
  • keithstroman
    Options
    I just had some tonight. I used left over roasted chicken breast and ribeye. i cubed them up and mixed with the cooked squash and added it back to the squash shell topped with panco bread crumbs cooked till the cheese was melted.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this receipe for Baked Spaghetti Squash with Cheese from skyinnytaste:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/baked-spaghetti-squash-and-cheese.html

Very good and pretty low calorie.

I just made this tonight. Yummy! Even my picky husband liked it. Only used one squash.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I just saute cooked squash in land o' lakes butter with garlic. I love it!
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    i just sautee garlic and then sautee the cooked spaghetti squash, and if i want, then add tomato sauce.. it's a good alternative to pasta(esp. if you have celiac's and you want pasta without spending 4 dollars for a package of gluten free noodles), but you have to remember spaghetti squash is sweet and not made of wheat, so it's not going to taste EXACTLY like it..

still, it's yummy. And vegetables are always good to eat. though it does look pretty gross sometimes.
  • johnsonb0921
    johnsonb0921 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love it just plain w/evoo and s&p, or as a substitute for spaghetti. However, once I used it in Pad Thai as a replacement for rice noodles and it was really, truly delicious. :)
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bump