Looking for friends and motivation!

Options
Hello,

I have been on this site for a few months now but I have not been too successful. It is mainly all my fault because I slip easily. I think my main problem is that I don't have enough motivation. I would love to make new friends here and we can help each other with our goals!

Feel free to add me!
:)

Replies

• TapouTFTW
    Options
    Motivation... hmmm.

What do you want? I mean, what do you REALLY want? Write it down on a piece of paper. Big. Take up the whole sheet. Beneath that, write out all the reason why you want what you want. Put them both it on the wall. When you get up in the morning, read it, out loud and mean it. Then look at your reasons. I will tell you what mine is, 15% Body Fat. Sounds silly, but if you are not able to announce to the world what you want and mean it... do you really want it?

Next, I want you to write a motto for what you want. I will give you an example, it is mine. Intention is not Execution!

Now, whenever you come across something that stands in the way of your goal... remember what you want and what your motto is. Is the obstacle BIGGER than what you want? Is is bigger than your drive? Is consuming some treat bigger than your dream? Is something as small as the weather going to keep you from taking a 30 min walk or heading to the gym? Is just not feeling like it enough to sunder what you want so bad you could taste it?

I wanted to be at cop in 1993 and I was 250 lbs. One year later I was 172 lbs and an MP in the US Army. Five years after that, I was a cop. I am not one anymore, but I had a dream that I wanted so bad I did anything and everything I could to attain it.

You see, no one sets out on a journey without determining a destination. I see, by your ticker, you want to lose 62 lbs. Is 62 lbs your goal? Or, is it something more? You cannot take hold of a thing unless you visualize that you already have it. Adults forget that. Visualize what 62 lbs less would be. What size dress would that be? What size jeans would that be? Do you see yourself on the beach or by the pool 62 lbs lighter? You have the best intentions... now go live them.

Add me... :)
  • xosimonee
    xosimonee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This was very helpful thank you so much! I will write down my ultimate goal on a piece of paper as you stated. That is awesome that you stuck to your goal and became a cop! 62 pounds is my actual goal. At 62 pounds, I will be in the body of my dreams.
  • Tabbycat54
    Tabbycat54 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm always trying to motivate people and my main thing really is motivation. Feel free to add me :)
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    That's really good advice above about writing down your goals!

I can always use more people on my friends list for motivation!
  • pappadoc1
    Options
    Weellll, since I have gotten off my lazy track, I am also looking for motivational friends! So any of you feel free to add me.
  • steffenym
    steffenym Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Weellll, since I have gotten off my lazy track, I am also looking for motivational friends! So any of you feel free to add me.

This is me too. I'll add you :)
  • raulafanador
    raulafanador Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Added. The more motivators the better! Add me all!
  • lmmathis86
    lmmathis86 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Just signed up hoping to find some motivation and support. I my weight loss in the second week of January. Starting weight was 194 i now way 180 and seem to be falling of the road to my goal. The last two days have been the hardest two days and i dont understand why. Hoping to make a few friends here.:smile::smile:
  • melichito
    Options
    Hello,
    I've been struggling with my weightloss for years. I need the motivation as well. My husband is supportive, but I guess it's not the same. I finally told myself that I was going to do it this time. I would love some tips and ideas that you guys have.
  • katkat28
    katkat28 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm looking for friends to encourage but who can also encourage me. Work Hard and enjoy the journey. My motto has been..."Motivation gets me started...Habit Keeps me going"...words I live by.