In Need of Encouraging Friends

Options
Hi Everyone! :)

I've actually been at this weight loss journey since June 20, 2013, and I've been on here for about a month, but I've hit one of my bigger walls lately with my fitness journey. When I first joined, I underestimated the importance of having inspirational friends on my news feed, but I'm definitely not any longer! I would love having fellow MFPers on my friends list who feel that positivity is the only way to get through this tipsy-turvy roller coaster! :tongue: I log in and log every day and I try to give as much encouragement as possible. I just need more people to shower it with and more people to hopefully help me in return. :happy:

Height: 5'6

SW: 216
CW: 164.2
GW: 154.2
UGW: 125

Feel free to add me! :)

Thank you for your time! :)

Replies

• bethkeysear
    bethkeysear Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this site. I feel like I am starting over. I lost 80 pounds in 2009 and then I moved and got married and went through a lot of life changes and hard times including the loss of my father. I have not gained all of my weight back but too much of it. So I am hoping this site can help me get back on my feet. I do not, no I cannot let myself go back to where I was and I already feel some of my unhealthy garbage coming back.

So I am here…here to encourage….here to fight….here to hope and feed others hope!

You are so close to your goal girl!!! You got this!

Starting weight in 2008--> 225 lbs
    Weight NOW --> 193 lbs
    Goal weight -->125
  • AngelWings0609
    AngelWings0609 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've been here awhile now, recently hit a bit of a wall though.. It's always nice to have positive people on here to help and motivate you!

SW:278
    CW:233
    UGW: undetermined as of now I just want to be under 200 lol! :)

Feel free to add me! :)
  • Caterpillar_17
    Caterpillar_17 Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    You two are seriously the best. :)
  • KatherinesRiver
    Options
    I'm here to encourage and find friends who want to really dedicate themselves. Life is too short to waste another minute just putting this off. Let's show everyone how successful we can be when we band together and get healthier!!

I'm a tall lady 5' 11" and would like to shed about 40 to 50 pounds in this coming year. Need to stop this before it gets any more out of hand.

I would be a friend if you like.:heart:
  • MeredithDeVoe
    Options
    Hi Caterpillar! I've been here for 2 months and lost 10 lbs!! If I can do it, you can too! My target weight for now is 150, and I have 20 lbs to go. I live in West Africa so a lot of foods that would be helpful are not available to me (i.e. blueberries, lowfat yogurt, flax meal) and the food is generally VERY starchy, oily, and salty. Still, I'm down by ten and love that I have a waistline again!!! I know you can do it too!!! (Sorry for all the !!! I'm just excited today!) :P
  • HugeTractsOfLand
    Options
    I agree with all of you ladies. We all need to have positive support!

SW: 198
    CW: 191
    GW: 118
  • Deestrong68
    Deestrong68 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Very Active on MFP, Log my Food and Workouts everyday.

You can add me if you like.
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have several people on my friends list who never like or comment on anything, no support at all, I only have a half dozen that are actually friendly. I definitely want more support, you're all welcome to add me!

SW: 200lbs (92kg)
    CW: 190lbs (86.6)
    GW: 160lbs (72)
    UGW: 145lbs (65)

:)
  • HappyGladGal
    HappyGladGal Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I also believe the importance of having friends to motivate each other on our weight loss journey. I have joined MFP for about a month and have lost 3kg so far. I have 23kg more to go. Add me if you like and we can motivate each other. :smile:
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If you want flax meal for your diet, I would certainly be willing to pick some up and mail it to you. Can't help you with the blueberries or yogurt though. But I would think the flax would be mail-able. I add it myself all the time to my yogurt, smoothies and sometimes my cereal. Let me know.
  • NatashaYates86
    NatashaYates86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for more friends that are motivated and active on MFP!! Everyone feel free to add me :)
  • SPiemontesi
    Options
    I can relate to the under 200 lbs thing! It won't be my goal weight but it is a short term goal. I am so close but feel so far away! Hang in there. :)
  • SPiemontesi
    Options
    I can use some support too! I am new here and am trying to be on here every day for support and to help support. :) I will add you.
  • MissjessA193
    MissjessA193 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi-

I am looking for encouraging friends too if anyone wants to add me? I joined last fall but did weight watchers instead. Now I'm trying to use MFP and I'm brand new to the message boards :)
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    <--- obsessive logger / frequent ( an often profane ) poster and commenter. I have a truly awesome set of active and encouraging people on my friends list. Always room for another if you want to send an FR