Hypothyroid Pills and Breakfast Ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    How about an apple and peanut butter for breakfast?
  • clankp22
    clankp22 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I take levothyroxin. I usually eat breakfast right before I leave the house, or in the car, so taking it right after I get up allows for time to absorb while I get ready for the day.

I have heard from different doctors (and read) mixed things about the calcium. I have heard that the no calcium after taking the pill literally refers to calcium supplements and not food with calcium in it. I definitely stay away from soy products though. Not good for us!

Regardless, my go to breakfast is organic oatmeal and fresh fruit with a couple of hard boiled egg whites. Good luck to you!
  • loserforlife
    Options
    I am not sure if you can get them at GNC but I know you can order it on line for the same 23.00 or around there that i paid.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Deleted
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Just do the best you with it. you gotta live. I eat whatever I want and sometimes not after an hr. Been on levothyroxine for yrs. So basically I take a little more then I would it's adjusted for my normal lifestyle so I don't have to stress everyday about the hr. I try my best but when I don't it's ok. I keep my tsh around 2. once I actually found I was taking way to much and became hyperthyroid so mine always changes anyway. This is just me after having this for 6 yrs I don't sweat it as much.
    this is why I chose levothyroxine and not synthyroid like my grandma and uncle. I've been fine with my levels on this. And it's easier.
  • teebyrd393
    Options
    Almond milk contains more calcium than cow's milk!! This should be avoided too, although many postings on here are recommending it.
    There is calcium in almost every food. It's an dietary element that is present in fruits, vegetables, breads and of course dairy.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'm on synthroid and I found easiest thing was just to set an alarm and take it at 4 am. I usually have to go pee about then too.
  • MamaC77
    MamaC77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wow, its sure interesting to see how many people are on thyroid medications and what affects them. I have been on medication my whole life and have not had very many issues. I must say I have known about the recommendations eg. take in the morning, no dairy within a few hours, you shouldn't take antihistamines if your levels might be off. It's very hard to keep all of it straight. It was all much simpler in the first 30 years I was on medication and didn't know the rules. I think I am going to follow suit and start taking my synthroid at night. Save myself a little bit of trouble trying to time everything out perfectly.