Foods that ACTUALLY get you full?

2»

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Meat and lots of it.

Also, eggs.

Sometimes baking two chicken thighs with a small amount of green lentils really helps fill me up. Fiber doesn't really help me fill up, I need something more substantial than plant cellulose.

There's a poop-ton of fiber in lentils. 30 grams per 100 grams. It's crazy.

And seriously good with chicken and curry spices.

Yes, but there's also a ton of protein in lentils (I eat the green lentils because it has the lowest carb count). I don't eat anywhere near 100 grams of the stuff though! That's cray-cray.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    All food identical. Read it on the internet. Must be true.
  • massivediet
    massivediet Posts: 54 Member
    A staple for me is a meal of 2% cottage cheese, rotisserie or grilled chicken breast, and a Kale Superfood salad from Costco. It comes in at 450-600 calories depending on portion size, is easy, and makes me feel full for a long time.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Try oatmeal with banana and fruit. Eggs. Fish.

Oy. Yes.

OP, search for peanutbutter finger's banana bread protein pancakes, made with cottage cheese, banana, egg, rolled oats, and cinnamon.

The texture is not the best - dense, but man. Those suckers will fill you up. Make sure your bananas are super ripe or you won't get any banana taste. It'll all be oat and cinnamon.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Protein and FIber.

About 2 years ago, I told my nutritionist that despite getting in plenty of protein. She told me to up my fiber. That did the trick.

So my two best tips:
    Focus on the protein, and the carbs and fats will take care of themselves
    Up your fiber.

To up my fiber, I started having Chocolite Protein bars. They have about 100 calories, 10g fiber, 10g protein, they're sugar free, and gluten free. I really like the triple chocolate fudge and the cookies and cream. I'll have 1 or 2 a day. (www.healthsmartfoods.com)

It looks like your bars are on clearance on Amazon - if they send the box instead of the bar. FYI:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FHR0AA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1XPIZ3ZP44EM1

Price is 95% off 1.29 per 16 bar box for PB flavor - that's CHEAP! Unless it's a typo - but I'm trying it :)
  • scoutli
    scoutli Posts: 33 Member
    I love avocados. I eat 1/2 of one almost everyday as a meal with some lean protein like a turkey burger. Definitely fills me up.
  • PrairieSlims
    PrairieSlims Posts: 42 Member
    I agree to use lots of fiber, fruit and veg. I use a morning shake which includes fiber, protein powder, fruit, along with chia seeds which really fill you up.
  • Tealfor20
    Tealfor20 Posts: 3 Member
    Black beans, cashew butter on whole grain toast, big bowl of steamed Brussels sprouts or broccoli with butter, avocado, omelettes,.....