What is the meaning behind your MFP screename?

Options
headofphat
headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
As the title reads. My screen name is because I have a big head. My nickname with my friends is Phathead. One day one of them called me "Head of Phat" and it made me laugh. I've also been called just Head and even Headus Maximus and in Spanish I think it's Cabeza Gordo. Anyway, you can see from my profile pic that I have a fat head but it's a little smaller since i've lost weigh but I still answer to Phathead.

What's your story?

Sincerely,
Phathead

Replies

• cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, very interesting....

Mine must be because I curse a lot
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Mine is a lighthearted jab at myself because I am far from being a beachgod. It also has the possiblity of being a fitting name if/when I get as buff as I'd like to be.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    LOL, the meaning is that I have small feet. Thank you to the former boyfriend who thought to call me that, it has been a very unique online handle.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    its my nickname and my birthday.....simples! and great if i get amnesia or something :happy: :happy:
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    its my nickname and my birthday.....simples! and great if i get amnesia or something :happy: :happy:

If you get amnesia you'll probably forget your password though.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    it's what you get if you cross a Neanderthal with a Homo sapiens sapiens (aka Cro-Magnon)

Because I'm average height for a neanderthal woman, while also having a much larger rib cage than average (for a woman of any height) plus little short arms and legs. And I'm stronger than average and don't feel the cold much. That's what neanderthals were like. But I have a vertical forehead and pointy chin, which is proof that I'm a Homo sapiens sapiens, hence "neandermagnon"

Also because neanderthal women were probably the toughest, strongest women who ever lived and contrary to popular belief, neanderthals weren't stupid. They survived ice age winters with only middle palaeolithic technology and hunted huge animals with only close range weapons, e.g. thrusting spears. And they looked after sick, injured and elderly members of their tribes. So not like the stereotype at all.

Also did I mention that I'm a palaeoanthropology nerd?
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I was friends with some Amy Dumas fans on Facebook and let's just say, they got freakin weird. Kind of obsessive about each other and than me. As I am just a normal boring old (well not old but you know) mum, I am seriously not worth stalking. Thankfully I don't see anything from them anymore. I don't have time for that.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options

If you get amnesia you'll probably forget your password though.

lmao very true :laugh: :laugh:
  • bikercowboy
    Options
    Well... um, I'm both
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm Irish and Slainte is the Irish toast, like "Cheers". So I'm the Slainte girl.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    beeblebrox, an homage to the coolest frood this side of Milliways. 82 is the year I was born... 42 was taken when I originally created this screen name for AIM 15 years ago heh.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    beeblebrox, an homage to the coolest frood this side of Milliways. 82 is the year I was born... 42 was taken when I originally created this screen name for AIM 15 years ago heh.

you only have 1 head and 2 arms though....
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    sorry I really didn't mean to kill this thread... I've just never met zaphod beeblebrox before....
  • Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Options
    as in: to Hit the wall every time you train, then blast through.
  • titanium96
    titanium96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The song Titanium was playing when I was trying to decide.....and it seemed to fit...being bulletproof and not giving up or falling when shots are fired! Someone else had it already (I think) so added 96 to it....
  • ronmonkey
    Options
    It comes from a dirty thrash metal band called Iron Monkey, someone couldn't see the 'I' in Iron on my shirt so they said Ron monkey instead.
  • the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    my name is bella and my fav colour is indigo and when i thought of this screen name i was 30
  • Tricep_A_Tops_
    Tricep_A_Tops_ Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a dinosaur. : )
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    My wild Saturdays :P
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    It didn't occur to me to make up a playful name when I created my account here. And MFP kept telling me there was already someone registered with my same name. So I had to stick my middle initial in there. Which I was very unhappy about, but there it is.