Last few pounds.. hardest to lose?

Options
Hey!
I've got 12lbs until I reach my goal weight!
My issue is that I've had 12lbs to go for the last few months!
I've tried mixing up my exercise to no avail so i'm hoping some of you might have some suggestions ????

I work nights which doesn't help (I know that lack of sleep inhibits weight loss) but there's not much I can do about that!????

Anyone else in a similar situation? ????????

Replies

• DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yes, very similar weight loss and situation....in fact for a while I stalled out at 1200 so I increased calories to 1400, and a couple of more lbs came off, but now I am stalled again. I know in spring/summer when I am way more active my weight will drop and I might be able to get to goal.
    Sorry I don't have any solutions.... just don't give up and keep plugging along!
  • aclockworkblonde
    aclockworkblonde Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been 8 away for quite awhile now. Actually it has fluctuated between 8 and 12 because the more I would stress myself out the more I would slide back into old habits, not to mention the super fun daily fluctuations of being a woman :)

Being on this forum helps so much because people are realistic and helpful without sugarcoating (mmmm sugar) and just saying what people want to hear. I've tried to be patient and just know I'm doing the right things for my body in the long-term instead of when I used to crash diet to lose those last couple of pounds.

Just be healthy and patient and think about how good it will feel when it finally melts off!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It is harder. In large part because it's a much smaller window. But it can be done. Perhaps try tweaking your macros a bit?

And, of course, review your goals and determine if you really need to lose more weight or just build more muscle/become more fit.
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Starting year number 3 with and have always been between 3lbs and 10lbs. Just can't seem to do it. I get within about 3lbs and then boom, I'm back to being 7lbs-10lbs away.
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck on the last 5lbs forever!!! I lose a pound, then I gain a pound. It's a ****ty cycle.
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just posted this and then saw this thread. I think it applies.

Just did a little math you all might find interesting.

Just did a little math you all might find interesting. Many of us eat back a portion of our exercise calories, for this scenario I'll say we've decided to eat back 50% of our exercise calories. Exercise calories are extra calories we burn by putting forth unusual effort. So let's say you have burned 500 calories in an hour. Great!! You've earned yourself 250 extra food calories. But wait!!! Are you subtracting the calories you would have burned even if your weren't exercising? If you were just sitting in a chair staring at the wall? Most of us burn 80-100 calories an hour doing absolutely nothing. So did we really burn 500 extra calories? No! We burned 400-420 extra calories, which means our 50% extra food calories is not 250, but 200. Not a huge deal? Well, just know that this is a difference of 4-5 lbs a year. For those of us looking to loose a lot of weight, this may not matter so much right now. But those of us struggling with those last 5-10 pounds might find being more fastidious about your calorie counting could make all the difference.
  • TingoAcias
    Options
    I've had the last 15... and then the last 20... and then the last 15 ... and now the last 20 again to go since early December. Honestly though, I think it was a two part situation 1) I got cocky after months of seeing results. I stopped tracking calories, stopped being mindful of what I put in my mouth and said "Oh just a little bit won't hurt" too much, and expected to see the same outcome as before. 2) When the weight loss slowed down, I gave up and gave in, and got all defeatist instead of trying to rearrange habits that were no longer working for me. Reevaluate your goals. Reevaluate what you're doing and what kinds of foods your eating, and see where changes could be made.
  • Bsp120167
    Bsp120167 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've had the same issue. I think for me is everytime I get close I ease up on the pedal a bit and relax and that sets me back. I am just starting up again after the holidays and company meetings and hoping to to grind it out for the warmer weather.