Gained back some of the weight I lost :(

Options
So I started eating Low Carb per doctors orders in mid Aug.....1st week I lost 10lbs, 1-2 months after an additional 9lbs.....Come mid October to NOW, I have managed to up my sweet intake....and then this last week, potatoes....potatoes and cheesecake :) ALOT of pumpkin cheesecake...........as of last night I am up 9 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that would be a 7lb in 2 days (which I am quite sure is water - TOM likely).

My husband has made a change in eating also......he has not gained a pound, but has also been at a stand still on weight loss for 2 months. So after a "check it" discussion, we pinpointed our issue......after doing so well we said "well you know we have done so well, 1 piece of cake won't hurt"......this turned into a sugar BINGE for 1-2 months....and then off of MFP I go.....and this jut all leads to bad bad bad......soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, all this being said. I am back on....not tomorrow, not Monday.....today!

I have missed you all! 20 grams of carbs is my goal for the next 2 weeks.....and gonna take this 2 weeks at a time....any Low Carb recipes you have would be great!

Chasing my tail!!!! Maybe I will lose my rear in the process :)

Replies

• bobdubya
    Options
    You know what, for years I would do great for a few weeks then take a one or two day break. Problem is, the break turned into months.. I KNOW now that I can't deviate before my goal..... It's easier to STAY on track then to get BACK on track.. glad you came back...
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    There is a diffrance in low carbs and no carbs....Did doctor tell you to do 20g carbs a day? That is dangerously to low!! Body needs carbs for energy & running of our bodys. Please check on this,could cause unwanted problems.:wink:
  • thestacy
    Options
    There is a diffrance in low carbs and no carbs....Did doctor tell you to do 20g carbs a day? That is dangerously to low!! Body needs carbs for energy & running of our bodys. Please check on this,could cause unwanted problems.:wink:

yes, this is important to check. this is a diet that is bad for the liver.
  • blessyou
    blessyou Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey sassiebrithches...you can do this!! take it two weeks at a time. don't deviate for that two weeks. good for you not quiting. you know, it doesn't matter how many times you trip over the lard bucket and fall face first into it...it is only failure when you don't get back up!! so you got up girl!! dust off and mave on!! so glad you are back.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • judswi
    judswi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes I follow low carb also and holidays are bad you have to get back on your program and follow itnstrictly it will come off but you can't get discouraged. Good luck.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options

yes, this is important to check. this is a diet that is bad for the liver.

I am following doctors orders. I am following the Atkins programs. These sort of things are known to happen, but these are likely people with prior issues, we don't HAVE to have sugary things, bad carbs to run our body....we lived fine without these things before processed sugars and flours, I eat carbs....just not the bad kind....I am aware that there is a difference in No vs. Low....I do Low. I feel GREAT when eating Low carb, lotsa veggies and yummy protein. I am not concerned about any problems....other than getting away from CAKE!

Thank you for lookin out for me :)