Resistance band/tubing calories

Options
Does anyone know of a database showing calories burned per time unit and exertion level using resistance bands/tubing?

Replies

• sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I usually use "strength training" its the closest thing. Or, you can look online to get an idea of how many calories you burn and enter it yourself.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I use them with the P90 tapes - In a half hour session I burn around 250-300 calories, but this program really keeps you moving. And you also do things like lunges, squats and pushups, so it's all calculated in, not just the tubes. I use my heart rate monitor, so I'm pretty sure it's accurate.
  • msseusse
    msseusse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor! You will always know exactly what you burn.
  • S9Nelson
    Options
    The monitor sounds like the way to go. One other poster suggested this also. Never thought about it.
    Thanks!
  • debendavey
    Options
    Dependent upon your body weight, an hour-long resistance band routine can burn 200 to 300 calories.

I also did a calculation from a website found via google, http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp?exercise=219 and I do 4 sets of 15 reps (biceps, front raise, lateral raise, squats - I cannot do triceps t present due to a neck injury), and the total exercise was 10 minutes as I do them nice and slowly to maximise the benefit. It estimated I burnt 84 calories.