Anyone using Ab BELTS like the slender tone?

Options
I have the Slendertone Flex and wondered if anyone else used them, if they had good luck with them and if they are able to figure out the activity for their fit bit bracelet.?? Any detailed info would be so appreciated.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I have the Slendertone Flex and wondered if anyone else used them, if they had good luck with them and if they are able to figure out the activity for their fit bit bracelet.?? Any detailed info would be so appreciated.

Yes, miracle product, worth every penny
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Works great! I usually use it right after I chug my snake oil shake.

In all seriousness, you can't "target fat loss" to your abs if you wanted to do that, these products do very little for you. Spend the $60 you would spend on this for a half a year at the gym and get an ACTUAL ab workout instead.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Buy an ab wheel instead. Little device, like a 8" wheel with a stick through it.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I thought you could accomplish the same thing by doing thousands of crunches daily. And that's free!
  • fitcanpro
    Options
    I think what people need to keep in mind about ab belts is that it really won't give you a six pack like the commercials show. If you want to get ripped abs it's more of a diet change in your life than some piece of fitness equipment. However if you want a STRONGER CORE then this is where these products come in handy. I bought the Flex Belt after my friend lent me his and it really works your abs without having to do situps or crunches which strain my back. I just wear it while I watch TV and get a decent ab workout. I eventually bought mine from http://asseenontv-canada.com/flex-belt-canada/ and use it every couple days. Yes crunches are free and an ab wheel is less expensive but this targets all parts of your stomach without any frustration or stress.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Yes crunches are free and an ab wheel is less expensive but this targets all parts of your stomach without any frustration or stress.

LOL

Without frustration or stress = miracle device that gives you a workout while you are sitting down watching TV. Sounds legit.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Yes crunches are free and an ab wheel is less expensive but this targets all parts of your stomach without any frustration or stress.

LOL

Without frustration or stress = miracle device that gives you a workout while you are sitting down watching TV. Sounds legit.

I do all sorts of ab work- and I'm never frustrated or stressed. How are you stressed while you are doing a work out?

The only thing I want to do while watching TV is watch TV and sew. not workout- home is my time to do what I want. not workout. that's why I pay a membership for a gym.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I think what people need to keep in mind about ab belts is that it really won't give you a six pack like the commercials show. If you want to get ripped abs it's more of a diet change in your life than some piece of fitness equipment. However if you want a STRONGER CORE then this is where these products come in handy. I bought the Flex Belt after my friend lent me his and it really works your abs without having to do situps or crunches which strain my back. I just wear it while I watch TV and get a decent ab workout. I eventually bought mine from http://asseenontv-canada.com/flex-belt-canada/ and use it every couple days. Yes crunches are free and an ab wheel is less expensive but this targets all parts of your stomach without any frustration or stress.

This reply post started out so promising...

A decent ab workout? I wonder what your abs even look like...

Seriously...
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

It's a gimmick. It's best to invest your time (and money) into healthy food and exercise. It's not complicated - find a healthy calorie goal and stick with it, eat healthy and get some exercise, the weight will come off. Adopt a healthy lifestyle and avoid quick fixes....they don't work.
  • robvangely
    Options
    Wether your are using an Ab Belt or other products or even an all out Ab routine. The real key to lean abs as well as any other muscle development is the proper diet and Nutrition, Try a custom tailored nutrition program and pack on lean muscle fast. The best program I have seen: Try: http://muscle-strength-forlife.com