Sparkling Water - Who drinks it?

Options
I bought some La Croix - Orange, and I had really high hopes. I guess I've never tried sparkling water before, but I really hate it. It tastes awful to me. Is it something I should stick with, and it will grow on me?
I really want to like it!

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    It cures cancer, heart disease, and nose warts on penguins.

Definitely stick with it.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda for flavored seltzers years ago (never tried La Croix though). It did take some getting used to, but now I really can't stand soda, it's too sweet! Love my seltzer :smile:
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I bought some La Croix - Orange, and I had really high hopes. I guess I've never tried sparkling water before, but I really hate it. It tastes awful to me. Is it something I should stick with, and it will grow on me?
    I really want to like it!
    Don't eat or drink things that taste awful to you. There are way too many other options for your hydration needs for you to have to force yourself to drink something you don't like.
  • momtastic2014
    Options
    I do not many of them, but I love vanilla ones. The aftertaste reminds me of cream soda.
  • tiger_lily5
    tiger_lily5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I bought a SodaStream and drink nothing but sparkling water. I only ever add fresh lemon or fruit slices or cucumber and mint to flavor it. So tasty! And much cheaper than bottled, not to mention easier on our planet.
  • mekkzy888
    mekkzy888 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It cures cancer, heart disease, and nose warts on penguins.
    Ahaha really!? Wow.

Never liked sparkling water but usually I don't like plain water in general. Might try it now though, mixed with sugar-free squash.
  • sad_kitty
    sad_kitty Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love fizzy water. I've never been much of a pop/soda/juice drinker, but I do like sparkling water with a citrus twist, muddled fruit, a splash of fruit juice or if my tummy is upset, a mix of fresh lemon juice, grated fresh ginger and a bit of honey. It's like DIY ginger beer. This is great with fresh mint too. When I drink mixed cocktails, sparkling water and citrus is my go to mix usually.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    I don't like the flavored ones, but I mix plain seltzer with a little fruit juice, a lemon or lime twist, sometimes a little cucumber. Lately I've been drinking it plain as well (I don't mind filtered tap water, but sometimes it's nice to have the carbonation.) If you don't like it, don't drink it. Try something else (nonsparkling water, unsweetened tea or herbal "tea," etc.)
  • tiger_lily5
    tiger_lily5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey I just came across this recipe that you might like for soda water - French Creme Soda!
    http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/french-soda/