First time posting, 15 pound gain in 1 year?

Options
Can anybody see what I am doing wrong. I don't log as often as I should though I watch everything and def. don't log the exercise, but I do martial arts 1 x a week and yoga 1 x a week plus mom of 2 small children working ft. Gained 15 pounds in last year with no changes that I can recall. Have essentially cut out whites (flour, potatoes, bread, rice) to very rare usage. Think about weight constantly. Been to endo and dr. who both can't figure out gain but obviously think it is what I eat. Help/advice

Replies

• Giddy72
    Giddy72 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Have you considered your portion size?

I have bought some smaller dinner plates so that it looks like i have a lot to eat.
    Fill half the plate with your 'food' and the other half with your vegetables.

Another good tip is to drink a pint of water 30 minutes before your meals and drink another pint with/after your food.

Small things, i know, but they all add up
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Nobody will be of much use at the moment, your food diary is not visible so any advice regarding food will be just conjecture

Just one thing, do you weigh your food or use "a portion, cup, spoonful etc"?
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can think of is you might be eating more than you think and overestimating how much you are burning when you exercise. It's not always what you eat, but how much of it.

Make sure you are logging absolutely everything and being accurate and honest about what you're eating.
  • stryla
    stryla Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    A food allergy caused me to gain 8 pounds in 1 week, even though I was way under my calories for gaining, and exercising a lot more that entire week. Once I cut milk back out of my diet, I stopped gaining, unfortunately those pounds are proving difficult to remove.

Maybe you have a sensitivity to something you are eating.
  • natashamcn
    natashamcn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have had to cut out gluten this past year and I find most of the alternative gluten free foods seem to be almost double the calories. Have you thought about what items have replaced the whites in your diet and how the calorie count from that may be affecting things? Just a thought!
  • bdeplb
    bdeplb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I actually do use a scale for weighing my food and I went and tried eliminating dairy and gluten for 2 months only to end up having horrible reactions when I re-introduced them. I didn't lose any weight through it all and instead continue to gain. no up 22 pounds.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    It only takes 100 extra calories a day to gain 15 pounds in a year. Such a small number, but it can lead to a big difference over time