Burned way more calories than I could eat yesterday...

Options
Yesterday I spent around 6 hours at work shoveling snow, when I got home I tried my best to eat enough food to net even a single calorie (I am lightly active normally, not a lot of physical labor for me) and there was just no way to manage, not without eating fast food garbage.
Today I am STARVING. The breakfast that normally keeps me going until lunch left me feeling satisfied for all of five minutes.

My question is, because I had such a huge deficit yesterday, should I eat when I am hungry (within reason) or should I still keep to my goal and just cross my fingers for a bigger loss at the end of the week?

Replies

• popo312
    popo312 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I say eat. Sounds like your body is screaming for fuel to repair from the work yesterday. Give it what it needs within reason.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You could do either one really. Why not split the difference and have some, but not all, of the extra calories today since your body is telling you it needs it? You'll still have a deficit at the end of the week, just not quite as much.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    This happens. You can either compensate for yesterday and eat some extra or try to stick to you goals and get the extra loss, this is pretty much a whatever makes you happy is the right answer kinda question :) Yay, so be happy!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Eat more--just make good choices. :) And kudos to not caving to junk food cravings! :)