wii zumba

Options
anyone else get the game only to be disappointed? i just got it before thanksgiving and i can't seem to keep up with the footwork. is a class better or am i just not coordinated enough? i've never gone to a class, but thought i'd try the game. :grumble: :huh:

Replies

• looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Wii Zumba????? Where from???? Here in Blighty there's no Wii Zumba!!!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I just put this on my Christmas list because I love the class (although I only go once a week) but I am totally uncoordinated and am one of those people that stands in the back of the class and flails around like a fish. I am curious to know of other people who have tried the Wii game because I might have to take it off my wishlist if it is too hard.
  • mookiemoo
    mookiemoo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wii Zumba????? Where from???? Here in Blighty there's no Wii Zumba!!!!

WSS

I love zumba !!! if its on the wii I WANT IT !!!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    It's called "Zumba Fitness" and you can get it on Amazon for around $30.
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Wii version and I like it. Keep in mind I have only seen Zumba (visited a class) and I am a novice at any exercise/dance videos. I'm not very coordinated and I got frustrated with it at first. Then I put it in again (with a better attitude) and I think I mimic the moves well enough to get a good workout and enjoy it. It seems fast in places, but I am new to this and since I am in my own living room I don't care if I miss a step or 2 or 3 or 4... I know that I will eventually get it.

Teresa
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    If I do step aerobics, do you think I could keep up with the steps in Zumba?

Shannon
  • Boopa
    Boopa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It looks fun, I have the zumba express dvd and it took about 3 attempts to learn the steps to be more fluid. I think the game looks like fun and is something I would be interested in getting as a way to switch things up. Practice makes perfect right? :)
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am soooooooooooooooo excited about this! I have pre-ordered it because it is not available in UK until January :(

Zumba is pretty fast foot work on some of the routines. I have the set of DVD's and go to zumba classes.

I think its a matter of doing the steps over and over slowly until you get them and then once you have grasped the basic steps it should become more natural and FUN FUN FUN! I did take alot of time watching and slowly doing the steps before I got it

Keep with it and I am sure you will become a huge fan!

Good Luck xx
  • Kellay14
    Kellay14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did a Zumba class a few weeks ago. I had so much fun doing it. I'm very uncoordinated but I kept up. It's tricky to get the first couple of times. I was talking to the instructor and some of class. They say it takes a couple of times of doing it to get a hold of it. If you like it stick with doing it. You'll catch on to the movements eventually. Key is to keep moving. I'm not sure how the Wii one is but I'm going to get it because I really enjoyed the Zumba class I did.
  • Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about getting a Wii and this may just tip the scales, or rather help me to untip them.
  • blueelephant1212
    blueelephant1212 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    it's definitely more complicated than step aerobics because it's so much faster... i guess i'm just not going to be a "zumba" gal... lol i'll go back to my wii fit plus and wii fit active lol and go from there! :P
  • jenna_watsonator
    jenna_watsonator Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    LOVED it! my brother bought it for me yesterday as an early gift and I was sweating it up this am for over an hour! loved it!
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    I received the game yesterday, played twice. ;) I am very uncoordinated and I have never been to any dance class (zumba or other...). Indeed, the steps are hard to MASTER! But whatever?! I just enjoy trying, dancing and doing the best I can! :wink:

"Zumba Fitness" is pretty much like "Just Dance", but with latine moves and musics. Personally, I prefer Just Dance... But I still enjoy both games! :)
  • erincraig
    Options
    I have been attending a class over the past year...when I go regularly I get an awesome workout!!! I just got the game today as an early present and I loved it! It is very much like the class, even had a song that was familiar. It is not easy but after a few times you can stay with it. I used the beginner level and had little problems. After you learn a few songs you will notice that the steps are similar or repeated in each song making it easier. If you don't have any rhythm it may be very challenging. After 20 minutes I was dripping with sweat...gross but awesome when you need to loose weight:)
  • mookiemoo
    mookiemoo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have been attending a class over the past year...when I go regularly I get an awesome workout!!! I just got the game today as an early present and I loved it! It is very much like the class, even had a song that was familiar. It is not easy but after a few times you can stay with it. I used the beginner level and had little problems. After you learn a few songs you will notice that the steps are similar or repeated in each song making it easier. If you don't have any rhythm it may be very challenging. After 20 minutes I was dripping with sweat...gross but awesome when you need to loose weight:)

that is just what i needed to hear, without a car and with a pre-schooler its hard for me to make my zumba class on a friday.

I have a zumba dvd but its very advanced
  • helenoke
    helenoke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tried the Zumba class once and really like it. Some instructors are better than others. I like the one who take the time to show you how its done. It's frustrating otherwise.
  • 77Lola
    77Lola Posts: 37
    Options
    Krstylea...I was told by an instructor it's not something you ever really get! Looks like so much fun!!!