Aw yeah, got hit on at the bar

Options
Went out for a post feast drink at a local dive bar with some friends and met an attractive young lady who chatted me up and told me I was quite cute.

Been a while since I've had that happen. Just the positive reinforcement I needed to make sure my one day of gluttony didn't stretch into the weekend. Looking forward to the gym tomorrow.

Replies

• jessimacar
    Options
    That's awesome! Isn't it a great feeling?! I miss it. Lol. Good Job, remember this feeling for when you're having a bad day.
    Use this as your motivation! :D
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Aww I'm happy for you! I know that for me, getting hit on at the bars (and having guys buy me drinks... hahaha) was a big motivator, it helps you to see that other people see the new confidence you have in yourself. I think that's a big reason that I'm dating a guy that I met recently, it wouldn't have happened if I was shy and didn't put myself out there. Confidence is sexy :)
  • BillyLightening
    Options
    o0o0o0o GREAT FEELING! One that I miss, a lot *lol* Haven't had a serious relationship in years because of my weight. I bet you felt great, are you going on a date with her or anything? :love:
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    o0o0o0o GREAT FEELING! One that I miss, a lot *lol* Haven't had a serious relationship in years because of my weight. I bet you felt great, are you going on a date with her or anything? :love:

Sadly no, turned out she was there with a guy who clearly wasn't thrilled that I was talking to her so I stopped short of getting her #... also still hoping the "break" my gf and I are on won't turn into a break-up :P

It was good for the ego none the less.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    hubba hubba :love:
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congrats--that's a nice motivator to stay the course!
  • ChuckgM3
    Options
    Haha, thanks ladies! :)
  • BughaBear
    Options
    Awww yeah that does feel good even for me Im married but it is nice to know that I still got it and hubby gets a kick out of it cause he know Im comin home with him, lol
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Well you ARE adorable! Get used to the attention, hun! :D
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I got hit at the bar. Oh wait, that is probably different.
  • wittlemunchkinx
    Options
    Have you seen yourself in the mirror?! You look mighty fine!
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Yay!!
    Awesome ego boost.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    :drinker: :glasses: rockin' it, cool guy!
  • ChuckgM3
    Options
    I got hit at the bar. Oh wait, that is probably different.

Actually it almost turned into that... she wasn't being very kind to the guy she came in with, haha.
  • ChuckgM3
    Options
    Have you seen yourself in the mirror?! You look mighty fine!

Thank you! Sadly I always look the same to myself in the mirror so it takes someone to say something to know that I've made some progress.

In fact at work last wednesday I ran into 2 people I haven't seen in a while who both commented that I was wasting away (hehe, hardly)

Guess those are NSVs eh?
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love that!

Now you can use that confidence EVERY TIME you walk into a bar and this will be a reoccurring experience! Divide and Conquer! :bigsmile: