Hello

Options
well another new person here. My wife and I have decided its time to get into better shape. We have both grown over the last 2 years and decided to do something about it. :drinker: We started on 01/02/08 and are not looking so much for target wieght to reach as a size.

I was glad to find this site. At first my wife said she could not do calorie counting until i found this site and showed her how easy it could be if you write it down, or log it on here. So she tried and found she was more than able to meet her calorie goals and now is very excited.

Little background on our eating habits. We both ate what we wanted and when we wanted. I would average 5000-8000 calories a day, which i learned after coming here. My wife would average 3000-6000 per day as well. Most of my calories came from pasta, sodas and snacks. We really wanted to make this happen when 1 week ago we were eating at checkers and I decided to count up the calories for my meal. I was shocked to find I had just eaten a 2200 calorie meal in one sitting.

So here we are and we are glad that we are taking steps to help ourselves and to live healthier lives.

Replies

• morrius
    morrius Posts: 16
    Options
    well another new person here. My wife and I have decided its time to get into better shape. We have both grown over the last 2 years and decided to do something about it. :drinker: We started on 01/02/08 and are not looking so much for target wieght to reach as a size.

I was glad to find this site. At first my wife said she could not do calorie counting until i found this site and showed her how easy it could be if you write it down, or log it on here. So she tried and found she was more than able to meet her calorie goals and now is very excited.

Little background on our eating habits. We both ate what we wanted and when we wanted. I would average 5000-8000 calories a day, which i learned after coming here. My wife would average 3000-6000 per day as well. Most of my calories came from pasta, sodas and snacks. We really wanted to make this happen when 1 week ago we were eating at checkers and I decided to count up the calories for my meal. I was shocked to find I had just eaten a 2200 calorie meal in one sitting.

So here we are and we are glad that we are taking steps to help ourselves and to live healthier lives.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you both. Doing it together is so much better. Good luck to you both:flowerforyou:
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Best of luck to both of you!
  • brunion
    brunion Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    congrats and the bes of luck to you both!
  • SaraHeitz
    SaraHeitz Posts: 4 Member
    Options

welcome I wish you success and may God bless your new eating program. I dislike the word diet, die and t? who came up with that? I prefer eating program. Hey if you want to feel really good go watch the I ate 33,000 calories a day. And a few have, ouch, but eating wrong is wrong regardless of the amount. I eat less than the amount figured for me, however since I am almost 100% bedridden, it is not easy to exercise and no one should ever start a new program without exercising. My thoughts for what they are worth. God be with you,

Sara
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My wife and I joined the end of December and we are trying to lose weight and get healthy too. Good for you both doing it together. We'll all team up and show the world that we can do this Thing! Good luck and welcome.
    Cowboy
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    i wish i could get my husband on board. he could stand to lose 100 but wont commit. of course i do all the shopping and all the cooking so he will make some changes weather he likes it or not. or he'll starve. the treadmill sits and stairs at him every time hes in the living room. one of these days i should put a recorder on it that will say "use me i need you to use me" maybe he'll think he's gone crazy and get off his duff.or maybe he'll see me get smokin hot and do something about it. i know he has to want to do it for him not any one else.good luck to you all.
  • morrius
    morrius Posts: 16
    Options
    thank you for the welcomes. we started this like you said Sara to simply feel better and look better, not so much as a diet. you are all encouraging and we already feel better after just day 3.