Soy and whey free protein powders?

Options
Hi folks, I'm new here. Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for a protein powder that does not contain soy or whey (intolerances to both), and free of sweeteners (natural and artificial). I'm guessing I'd be looking at a vegan powder, and I have found some, but they all seem to contain soy which I cannot eat or stevia which I really dislike the taste of. Currently I'm using a pumpkin seed protien powder, and have used hemp in the past, but would like to know what others may have found. I prefer to make smoothies using fruit or berries as my source of sweetner and I find when mixed with stevia in a flavoured powder it just starts to taste unpleasant and almost metallic and aspartame-y.

Thanks so much

Replies

• betweenthesedays
    betweenthesedays Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    NOW has a pea protein that's vegan and is sweetened with xylitol. I've tried their vanilla toffee (not sure if it comes unflavored) and can't stand the flavor. I can tolerate the Garden of Life, but it's sweetened with stevia. I find that less obnoxious than the NOW vanilla toffee.

That's about the extent of my trials, I'm sorry to say.
  • sad_kitty
    sad_kitty Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks anyway. I'm in Canada and I've seen a few NOW brand things in shops, but did not know they had a protien supplement. I'll have to go on a hunt and maybe they sell one without flavour.
  • IVMarkIV
    IVMarkIV Posts: 116
    Options
    True nutrition dot com and smart powders dot com both have custom proteins. Pea, hemp, and spirulina based proteins seem like your only options. I'm not sure if they ship North of the border though
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    NOW Foods also has an Eggwhite Protein Powder. Ingredients listed as "Egg White Powder." 75 calories and 16g protein per 1/4 cup serving. It can be added to 12oz milk or other liquid, or used in cooking recipes by adding powder to water to use in place of egg whites.