Losing weight with Adipex

Options
Hi everyone!

I gained 30 lbs over the course of 6 months and had trouble losing, so I went to the doctor and she put me on Adipex to jumpstart my metabolism. I get to the gym 3 to 4 times a week. I always do an hour of cardio then some weigh lifting alternating upperbody and abs every other day. I eat around 1200-1300 calories a day with a high water intake.

My problem is, I lost 10 lbs the first week, and now I'm going on week 3 with no more weight loss. After the first week, my body just stopped.

Anyone else experience this or know what could be going on? (Also, I've got plenty to lose, so that's not the issue either. I started at 240 and am stuck at between 230-233.

Replies

• breambuster601
    Options
    Hi Olivia,,, first and foremost, dont quit. I have fault the weight thing all my life,,, and now that i'm older,,, its as hard as ever. lol,,, its typical to happen as you have experienced. That first week,you lose a lot of water content first, and of course, that first week your really excited about the new challenge, so you probably put a little more in to it than the second and third week (probably starved yourself). Your at that point though where you will probably start seeing that 2-3 lbs a week now. Hang in there.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    When did you start the adipex?

Adipex is an appetite suppressant that is a derivative of amphetamine. If it's not even giving you the results you desire, I would get off it ASAP. It has dangerous side effects, can be addictive, and works less and less effectively the longer you take it so you have to take higher doses to get the same result.

Quite frankly, it sounds like you fell in to the trap of eating too few calories and that's why you're stuck. I would reconsider your whole approach.
  • olivia1931
    Options
    I was thinking about upping my calories to 1500.

I'm definitely going to stick with it until my next doctor appt, which is in 2 weeks.

It's all just very frustrating, knowing whether to eat more or less.
  • katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I only take mine like 1-2 times a week (MAX...some weeks I don't even take it) and I like my results...I don't get addicted and my body doesn't get used to it...definitely ideal for a sustained loss!

Good luck! :flowerforyou: