NSV: Pants shopping today!

Options
Before I started my weight loss journey, I was a snug size 14. I managed to lose 20 lbs on my own before I found MFP in August. Since joining MFP, I've lost 46 more lbs. I have not bought new clothes throughout this journey.

My ultimate goal is to be a size 8 by my wedding in June. Since my size 14 pants were so large on me that belts weren't even cutting it anymore, I knew I had to go get some new ones. Since good clothes are so expensive, I've been putting this off for as long as I could. Tonight was the night to find out what size I really am.

I was so nervous as we were driving up to the store (NY & Co...my fav). I thought that maybe I might be a size 8 (I'm 18 lbs from my goal weight) but didn't want to get my hopes up too high. I knew that if the size 8 fit, I would be so happy and if I had to wear a size 10 to be comfortable, I'd be pretty disappointed. I brought both a size 8 and a size 10 into the fitting room stall with me and tried on the size 8 first....it was loose! I almost started crying! I quickly popped my head out of the stall and asked my fiance to get me a size 6. He did and they fit! What an amazing feeling!!

I've kept my weight loss secret from almost everyone. Obviously my fiance and closest family members know. I couldn't really keep it a secret at work anymore since the change is so dramatic. They know I've lost weight, but not how much. My upcoming wedding has been the big push I needed to REALLY commit to weight loss this time. There are going to be a lot of people at the wedding that haven't seen me since before I started losing weight. Anyways, my point is, this news made me so happy that I wanted to share it. Since I'm not going to share it with my friends, extended family or co-workers I wanted to share with you, MFP community. You've been there for me throughout this journey. I've read your success stories as well as your struggles and disappointments. Thanks for taking the time to read and support me and everyone else on this site!

TL:DR - I went from a size 14 pants to size 6 pants and I'm thrilled ;-)

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can tell that you are stoked!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Great work Girl!:flowerforyou:
  • liisablack2
    liisablack2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic news! Your co-workers are going to be impressed!
  • barbalari
    barbalari Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I remember a similar thing happening to me back in 2011 when I went from a UK size 24 to a size 12. I literally danced round the shop changing room! I recently slipped up and regained 40lbs and went back up to a snug size 16. However I'm now back on track, exercising hard and have so far lost 28 of it (stuck in a frustrating plateau at the moment). Your post inspires and excites me to keep going so that I can have that changing room celebration again! Well done to you and I wish you every happiness for your wedding and future life with your very lucky husband :flowerforyou:
  • Glorian13
    Glorian13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good job. Feels good right. Keep doing what your doing. Congrats... ????
  • ChickenmommaMich
    ChickenmommaMich Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support and encouragement! I remember reading so many success stories on here and wishing I could have one of my own. It's simply taken time and dedication. You know that fitness quote, "A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"? So true :)
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    woohoo!!! I'm doing a little happy dance in my chair for you:happy:
  • SouthGaPeach
    SouthGaPeach Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    SO happy for you! I hope to have the same amount of success you have! Keep up the good work! :)
  • sunshinemcf
    Options
    That is awesome...I'd love to be a size 6 again. : ) I'd even be fine with being a size 8 by my wedding but a 6 by my honey moon. (Don't know if I personally would be able to be a four ). That's awesome. Congrats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!