Stuck In A Rut for LUNCH

Options
What are some good ideas everyone is having for lunches? I am not very picky - however, I need easy ideas (salads get too complicated). I am not much of a lunch meat person - but open to any and all suggestions! :)

Replies

• frankysgurl
    frankysgurl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    One of my quick and easy lunches is to have something with a variety of things to eat - I like to do humus with either WW pita or WW melba toast, some assorted cut up vegies (carrots, cauliflower, red peppers, etc), one piece of fruit (grapes, apple, oranges) and then some yogurt. It is sort of a mixed bag but I usually have that if I'm in a rush or if it is just me eating.
  • MyFoodGod
    MyFoodGod Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad using canned chicken.

Soup, but read the can before you buy if you are watching sodium, etc. Or make your own soup or chili and take leftovers.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    We have a fridge at work for the 3 of us. We keep it stocked with pickles, cheese sticks, applesauce, slim Jim's, baby carrots, salad dressing, yogurt and nuts. We all have a tacit agreement not to bring chips, cookies, donuts, etc. I stop at Kroger on the way to work on Monday and grab 3 frozen diet meals. Whatever is on sale. Last wk Lean Cuisines were on sale for $1.88. I eat them over the next. 3 days. We also bring in whatever fruit is on sale. This wk it is strawberries $2 for a lb box. My favorite lunch is leftovers from home. I also have a stash of protein shakes and bars. Our boss keeps us stocked with coffee and tea for our keurig. I used to spend a lot of time thinking and choosing what I wanted for lunch . I had all my favorite cheap lunch specials all over town. This, of course, kept me obese. I just stay at the office now and save the money and gas.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt.

Piece of toast with peanut butter and some fruit.

Tuna with mayo.

Soups or deli sandwiches/chicken wraps.