It's not all about the dumbbells!

Options
Looking for more of your active/exercise ideas!

Here's mine for the day:
As long as you're moving...why not keep the music on and boogie at every opportunity.

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I like dumbbells! And my barbell and plates. My favorite cardio to do is playing tennis.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Fabulous! Some of my favs:

Tap dancing
    Step aerobics
    Running
    Dumbbell pyramid total body
    Barbell deadlifts
    Physio band pull-aparts (not really)
    Swimming
    Downhill Skiing
    Cross country skiing
    Snow shoeing
    I used to love gymnastics, flipping off the parallel bars and handstands.
  • einsteins2013
    einsteins2013 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Exercise for me has to be fun, and for me it has to be competitive and interactive. Personally, I shopped craigslist to find a recumbent bike that happens to be ifit compatible. I wifi it to my 50" TV on the wall and can ride street view any where in the world that Google maps can take you. I'm currently riding the 20 US National Park tours. I also bought a cheap upright bike that is also ifit and now I switch between bikes on any given day.
    Than I added a concept2 rower to the mix and can row with up to 16 people all over the world. I do cardio at least 6 days a week, and strength train 3 days a week. On good weather days I also go to the park and go up and down the flight of steps. For me, changing things up helps keep the motivation at a high level. Knowing I can work out anytime, day or night by just walking down to my basement, helps me stay on track a lot.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I like to lift heavy things and love what it does to my body!! :love:

I also walk 6 miles a day.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    As above - I agree... it's about the BARbells :D.

I do do various cardio stuff, but nothing really replaces lifting an extra 1.5x my weight of metal around for strength and calorie burn considering time taken.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Scuba. Wish I could go more often!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My faves- running, a good ride on my horse, a nice walk/hike with my dog, and sometimes we can get a pretty competitive game of fetch going but I usually lose :(
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    It's key to do exercises you enjoy, but those things won't replace resistance training (doesn't have to be barbells) and it should be a part of your routine.

Mine happens to be barbells :wink: running, and hiking.