Nutribullet on Sale. Worth it?

Options
It's 35% off at Walmart. Still a bit pricey at 65. Anyone own one? Is it worth the investment?

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I like mine - I don't use it every day but I use it often enough that's it's paid for itself
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I've gone through two magic bullets and loved them both. I hear that the nutri bullet has a better moror and lasts longer.
  • RockingGranny
    RockingGranny Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've gone through two magic bullets and loved them both. I hear that the nutri bullet has a better moror and lasts longer.

Me too. I bought my original Magic Bullet at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Their return policy is great. Every time the motor blows, they simply change it for me. I use mine every day.
  • EnderNC
    EnderNC Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input y'all
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I found that regular mouth sized mason jars will fit on a regular blender.

A pint is a perfect size for a smoothie or a shake.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Love mine! Easy to use and clean. Much better for smoothies in my opinion than a regular blender. I also use it to grind oats for oat flour .
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    I found that regular mouth sized mason jars will fit on a regular blender.

A pint is a perfect size for a smoothie or a shake.

I am trying to picture how this works. Do you put the stuff you want to blend in the mason jar, invert the regular blender container over the mason jar, turn both the jar and blender container over, so that the blender container is right side up and the mason jar is upside down, holding them tightly together, put the whole thing on the blender base, still holding the mason jar in place, turn the blender on while holding the jar in place, and when you're done, you take the jar and blender container off the base, and invert it again?? And this works without making a mess? Or am I missing something about how you would do this? Does the mason jar fit so snugly that leaking isn't an issue? Could you just blend it the regular way and then pour it into the mason jar or any other container? What's the advantage of the mason jar?
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I paid $100 for my Nutribullet last year, and i use it quite often. It's great!
  • kelvincornish1
    Options
    Over here in the UK it is £100 so that is about right as most prices are about £1 to US$1. Use mine every day and its great for green drinks. Unlike juicers you get everything, including the fibre (yes that is how we spell 'fibre' (fiber) over here!). Also made beetroot (beet) juice with lemon juice which is great. Grapefruit and pineapple is refreshing. The nutribullet is definitely worth buying.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    To me it was worth it, I use mine everyday.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I bought mine sometime last year, and I love it, was well worth the $99 dollars to me.

However, keep in mind there are two versions of the original nutribullet, BOTH have the exact same box. One comes with reinforced blades, motor, and leak guards on the lids and whatnot. The older version does not. However, the older version has been out of production for a long while now so I don't think your chances of accidentally coming across one are good.

I just sorta looked in the box, at one of the blades before I purchased mine.

Rackboyz fitness has a video showing the differences.
    http://youtu.be/VJ_LA2XfOeU

They also have a new pro version out with an even better motor apparently that is $150 but it seems completely unnecessary to me considering my nutribullet makes green smoothies really smooth already.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I use mine every day. Love it.