breasts shrinking due to weight loss?

Options
Can some of you lovely ladies please share your stories with me about what happened to your breasts as you lost weight? At 177 lbs, I am a 36D. My breasts are one of the best aspects of my body and that's my one fear of weight loss is that by losing weight, I will also lose my boobs which I really don't want to happen. What has happened to y'all?

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Since fat is predisposed to go where it will, it's hard to say what will happen to you as opposed to me or other but I went from a 38C to a 34 B going from 170 lbs to 119 lbs. I'm 5'3.5".
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you lose them, sometimes you don't. I haven't, but I also had big ones when I was thinner too. Plus I come from a family where the women are bigger in that area. There's nothing you can really do to keep them if they do decide to go since you can't spot reduce or spot save. I know it sucks to think about for a lot of women, but I guess most people never really know until it starts happening.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    This question gets asked a lot. Honestly it's different for everyone. If you had large breasts before gaining weight chances are you may not lose them. You can see my profile, mine didn't shrink much and I'm almost to 120lb goal. I lost 2" off my bust but 7" of the belly so the seem more projected than when I was heavy. It's really a toss up.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Went from fat to flat :)

But I console myself with the thought that it's healthier to wear a smaller bra than a bigger girdle.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I went from a 42DD to a B cup.

But in proportion to the rest of my body, my breasts still look rather big. Just think of it this way. At 130 lbs, I'd look awfully silly with DD breasts.
  • krispy1982
    krispy1982 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I'm a small B now AND I'm breastfeeding! I'd like to wean around the same time I'm hoping to reach my ultimate goal so I'm probably gonna end up with nothing. Oh well ....I'll save on bras right? Right? * nervous laughter*
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think it's going to vary a lot depending on a variety of factors. For me, they went back to the size they were when I was in high school. I was a 36C when I started losing weight and a 34B when I finished. But as you can see, I wasn't ever large breasted.

Don't be discouraged. I was self-conscious at first. But I adjusted. I bought some pretty bras, I started focusing on what my body has gained from fitness, and I feel much happier now. I hardly even think about it, except when threads like this come up.
  • PamelaJ413
    Options
    I have to agree with most of the posts here. Results are very individual. Breasts are composed mostly of adipose tissue(fat) so you naturally lose there too. I look forward to the trim body, even if it means I lose breast size. In my opinion (and it's only mine:-) big breasts on a obese woman are just part of the fat. I think the sex-appeal of big breasts is gone when my body is disproportionately fat everywhere. Breasts are pretty over rated anyway! Rock being toned and trim. That's a beautiful thing.
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, you just can't know. I have always been a little "top heavy" and was a 42DD at the largest. I'm really close to goal and am now a 36D. Before marriage, babies, and 35+ years of life I was a 34C. I'm fortunate and feel balanced. Latest pic:

[img]http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae318/flutemon/MFP pics/1509939_10202479580458184_920398615_n_zps86abd9ba.jpg[/img]
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    There is so much more to a woman than her breasts, and I mean even physically. We seem to have this fascination with "big" in the west, and particularly in the US. Let that go. Embrace the smaller, leaner you.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    The got smaller just like everything else. Went from a tight D cup at my highest to a C cup. I am almost done, and don't think they'll shrink much more. They actually don't look a lot smaller in proportion to my body.

ETA. I am actually a lot more comfortable now. I don't necessarily like big boobs, personally.
  • SouthGaPeach
    SouthGaPeach Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There is so much more to a woman than her breasts, and I mean even physically. We seem to have this fascination with "big" in the west, and particularly in the US. Let that go. Embrace the smaller, leaner you.

Thank you! :)
  • mrsroseblack
    mrsroseblack Posts: 45 Member
    Options

You earn major man points for this one!
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, every time I've lost weight, my boobs are the first thing to go. :( I am not big busted to begin with (currently B cup but by the time I lose what I want, I know I will have shrunk closer to an A). They do shrink, but so does everything else, so it all works out. I'd rather have a smaller chest AND a smaller waist, than bigger boobs and a belly. You are bigger busted, so you probably won't lose as much up top.

You can't spot reduce so just lose the weight and embrace the new healthier you! I am sure you will love your overall results much more than your current cup size. Good luck!
  • fuji1010
    fuji1010 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If it makes you ladies feel better I wish my would go faster. lol

Joe
  • oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options

You just became the thread hero! :)
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    At first I thought that after my weight loss, I will still have some breast material.
    So at first I went from DD to D cup and I was happy not having huge breasts.
    Then I went from D to C and I thought that a C cup is quite nice indeed.
    Now I am going so closely to a B cup... and... and.. and... I just lie to myself that a normal weight and a good looking body is worth more then breasts.

Some lose the breasts, some not... just time can tell...
  • TommyJensen1987
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, as a guy, fat breasts may be big but they aren't attractive. Firm breasts are (because they are an indicator of health) and while they will get more saggy as you age, being fit will make your breasts more firm.

But at the end of if, if it really bothers you, you could look into getting some fake breasts. Either way the men in your life will appreciate the leaner more fit and healthy you more than a fat you with larger boobs. Even from a purely sexual standpoint.
  • oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Everyone's different... Mine never grew drastically when I gained weight, so they didn't really shrink as I lost. As a rule, if you were a lot smaller before you gained weight, you can probably plan on losing some. If you were bigger breasted before, then you might not lose much.