Green Tea

Options
I am sure this has been asked a million times but hey! What do you all think of the benefits, including aiding weight loss, of green tea?
I have gotten addicted to it and have about 5/6 cups a day. YUM!

Replies

• MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    It definitely helps in keeping you healthy and your blood pressure down. I had two previous gestational diabetes pregnancy and with my third i was determine not to! So I drinked it like crazy and went to get it check my blood sugar was normal! :)

Even if it doesn't have the benefit, drink it anyways. It's better than soda! :)
  • LeanneHarrington3
    LeanneHarrington3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Definitely, and it has a lot less caffeine than coffee. x
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I find it's a good appetite suppressant. So in that way it aids weight loss. But I drink matcha green tea and it's got bits of fiber in it so that could be the reason.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Green tea is awesome. I like to cold brew it, actually. Even lower on the caffeine than hot brewed, and I can make a big batch of it all at once.
  • airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    99% of the time it's what I drink when not drinking water.
    The only bad thing about drinking so much, I go to the bathroom more.
    I normally drink it plain. Sometimes with lemon or when I want a treat, a teaspoon of honey.
  • RunRachelRunnn
    Options
    Contains antioxidants and helps speed up your metabolism! :)

My favorite kind is a candy cane flavored organic decaf green tea with a couple tablespoons of Silk vanilla light soymilk... SO GOOD! It tastes like an amazing chai tea!!
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm not so sure about the weight loss, but green tea is definitely a nice choice of beverage (unless you have issues with caffeine).

For the green tea lovers out there, give matcha a try. It is super delicious and higher in nutritional value due to the way it is grown and processed. It is more expensive, but a little bit of powder goes a long way.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Love green tea and oolong tea!