Healthy Low Cal Snacks

Options
Hi all, just started exercising and eating healthy and I'm looking for healthy, nutritious snacks that are easy to make or available right off the shelf. If anyone has ideas or recipes to share, I'd really appreciate it. Also, is there a go-to website you have for healthy recipes? I tried Food Network and Allrecipes, but I'm wondering if there are any others.

Thanks!

Replies

• bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Fruttare - Black Cherry Fruit Ice Bar, 1 bar 60cal 15 carb 0 fat 0 protein 5 sodium 11 sugar
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Vegetables! Baby carrots, celery, cucumber, cauliflower, broccoli, cherry/grape tomatos are all relatively quick and easy to prep. You can make up a half dozen containers of them in advance and keep them in the fridge.
  • Kar3n84
    Kar3n84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, string cheese, snap pea crisps, skinny pop popcorn, apples, pears, grapes, and oranges have all been my recent go to snacks.
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies, yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, edamame, bars (I like Nature Valley Sweet and Salty peanut and almond), the Cloverleaf tuna/cracker packs...and on the less nutritious side, pudding cups and Quaker mini rice cakes (as long as you eat an actual portion and not the whole bag). I've also upped my water consumption big time.
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Mixed nuts, not very low in cal but healthy and filling. 30g serve of almonds = 173 cal
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots eaten as fast as I can chew them or raisins eaten slowly one at a time. It depends on my time constraints or mood which I choose. Protein helps me not have snacky moments. Your best choice would be to snack on meat, like chicken breast.
  • yogioats
    yogioats Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My go to choices are: string cheese, mixed nuts, apples, bananas, carrots, bell peppers, homemade granola bars
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    A few of my favorites are greek yogurt, baby carrots, almonds, granola bars, apples, kiwi, oranges etc, I like to switch it up once in a while. Great suggestions in here.
  • alfie84
    Options
    In the uk Hartleys do ready made jellies that are 6 and 10 calories depending on size. They're really fruity and ideal if you need a sweet pick me up. They come in really handy at work, and they're suitable for vegetarians.
  • mleann28
    mleann28 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I got a lot of good suggestions and I'll definitely check out the websites.