Water/Greentea infused with unpasteurized honey and lemon

Options
JefferyMartin
JefferyMartin Posts: 42 Member
Now the scienctific reasons of my "tip of the day". Everyday you want to start off right in the body, new and refreshed. So some facts.

I wake up and broil some water. I add two green tea bags to my tea pot. Get my Nelgene 1000ml bottle. I squeeze 1 whole lemon for the juice into my bottle and then add 1 tsp of unpasteurized wild flower honey also. Then after the tea is steep I will pour 600ml of greentea into my bottle. Shake it up! Then add 400ml water to top it up! Drink this all before you have breakfast.

Lemons

1. Lemons are alkalizing for the body: Lemons are acidic to begin with but they are alkaline-forming on body fluids helping to restore balance to the body’s pH.

2. Lemons are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids that work against infections like the flu and colds.

3. Your liver loves lemons: The lemon is a wonderful stimulant to the liver and is a dissolvent of uric acid and other poisons, liquefies the bile. Fresh lemon juice added to a large glass of water in the morning is a great liver detoxifier.

4. Cleans your bowels: Lemons increase peristalsis in the bowels, helping to create a bowel movement thus eliminating waste and helping with regularity. Add the juice of one lemon to warm water and drink first thing in the morning.

Green Tea

Tea's health benefits are largely due to its high content of flavonoids — plant-derived compounds that are antioxidants. Green tea is the best food source of a group called catechins. In test tubes, catechins are more powerful than vitamins C and E in halting oxidative damage to cells and appear to have other disease-fighting properties. Studies have found an association between consuming green tea and a reduced risk for several cancers, including, skin, breast, lung, colon, esophageal, and bladder.

Additional benefits for regular consumers of green and black teas include a reduced risk for heart disease. The antioxidants in green, black, and oolong teas can help block the oxidation of LDL (bad) cholesterol, increase HDL (good) cholesterol and improve artery function.

And Honey

Key Nutrients

Honey is loaded with many essential vitamins and minerals. Vitamins such as B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 as well as vitamin C are found in honey. It also contains minerals like magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium chlorine, calcium, copper, iron, manganese, sulphur, zinc and phosphate.

Main Health Benefits:

Energy Boost

Carbohydrates in the form of glucose and fructose supply the body and mind with energy which can boost endurance, and reduce muscle fatigue. Many athletes use this wonderful food for an instant as well as a sustained energy source to lift them through their training. In sports and endurance, honey can provide 17 grams of carbohydrates per tablespoon, and can be an inexpensive alternative to commercial sports gels.

Excellent Source of Antioxidants

Honey not only has a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals, but it also contains the flavonoid pinocembrin which is unique to honey. Pinostrobin supports and promotes healthy enzyme activity.

Supports Good Bacteria

Honey supports Bifidobacteria – present in the gastrointestinal tract – which is essential for efficient digestion and good health. Honey contains pre/pro-biotics that help the growth and activity of Bifidobacteria because it is an alkaline-forming food, and is similar to ingredients found in fruits. It doesn’t ferment in the stomach and it can be used to counteract indigestion.

Antibacterial and Anti-fungal Properties

Based on these properties honey can treat allergies by promoting a strong immune system, and has powerful anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties that makes it an excellent option to treat wounds with. It has antibacterial properties due to its acidic nature and enzymically produced hydrogen peroxide. Constant use of honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to fight bacterial and viral diseases.

This is how I start off everyday! Try it for a week and feel the difference!:wink:

Replies

• Lessofamy
    Lessofamy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I feel more energized in the mornings thanks to my honey/Lemon Greentea!
  • rmcounts84
    Options
    Great idea! I drink water every morning after I wake up before I have my coffee. I will have to do this and see how it turns out. :)
  • CJforMe
    CJforMe Posts: 17
    Options
    I have a question on the honey... I looked up "unpasteurized wild flower honey", and it says unpasteurized honey is unheated honey, and that heating it destroys the "enzymes, propolis, vitamins, amino acids, antioxidants, minerals, and aromatics" - so would it be just the same to use commercial honey in the tea? I want to try your tea, but I just wanted to get some clarification before I go buy honey.

Thanks!
  • JefferyMartin
    JefferyMartin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    you should be able to buy unpasteurized wild honey in local stores. Specialty food stores also have it too.
  • MShkya
    MShkya Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great post! Do you add the honey to hot water or to cold water? Would putting honey in hot water destroy its properties?
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    Thanks will try itt
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    sounds great! never done it all together... i routinely drink lemon in water, and i drink tons of green tea daily because i love the taste ad it relaxes me.... maybe i will have to try this!
    thanks for sharing
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Still waiting on the science . . .