help! Support needed!

Options
I'm working on losing 75lbs and would love to know I;m not alone in this struggle. I'm not really understanding how this works, but would love to chat with anyone. I have two small kids and own my own business. I'm tired of being tired and feeling crappy. can anyone relate?

Replies

• 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am impressed you are raising two children and running your own business. You surely have an abundance of courage! I have 60+lbs to lose and you will see on mfp that you are definitely not alone, because there are many supportive and friendly folks participating. Maybe not so many online at the moment, it being Saturday night in the US. Anyway, you got this!
  • Mkstehle
    Mkstehle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Can definitely relate. I also have 2 kids, but realized I can't blame my weight on baby weight since my youngest is 10. Having the support helps a lot. I will send a friend request. You can do this!
  • WonStepAtaTime
    WonStepAtaTime Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Good job working mama. I am a mother of three (7, 9, 11yrs) and work full time. It can be a real challenge getting everything done for everyone else and still make time to take care of ourselves. It is so important to remember that we are worth it! We can't keep our loved ones happy and healthy if we aren't happy and healthy too. My kids are sick of me being a hypocrite and so am I. (ex. I am eating a bag of chips and they ask for some but I tell them that it's unhealthy and they can have an apple instead.) I keep telling myself that I do that because I want them to learn from a young age to have a healthy relationship with food and learn to eat balanced meals. I never did as a kid and didn't learn, until recently, how to do it. I am still learning. However, I realize that I need to be leading by example and that it is going to be good for them as well as myself. Win Win.

You can do this and this site has been instrumental in my road to success. There are so many people here with whom I can relate and I love the different perspectives on topics and the fact that so many people here have the same goal, even if they have different ideas on how they're going to accomplish them. I would love to be added to your support team and would appreciate another person helping to keep me accountable. We can use as many positive supporters in our cheering section as possible. This is a tough road but we can get there together.
    -Jamie
  • s_masters20
    Options
    You are not alone! Even though I have already lost over 100 lbs I still have about 50 to go. For me the key has been realizing this is a lifestyle change. I'm not on a diet, and I'm doing a 30 get fit quick program. This is a long journey. I have been at it for over a year and I'll just keep going until I get there. I'm currently doing a workout challenge called Bikini Body Mommy 90 day challenge. It's hard work, but it's worth it. The program is free and you the workouts are demonstrated on video. They are designed for busy people. Otherwise plan walks or other activities. I had to change the way I eat, along with exercise. I feel much better now than I have in a long time. I hope this helps answer your questions.
  • mommadupuis
    mommadupuis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you for the kind words and encouragement! I'm sorry for the late reply, I cant figure out how to get back to the message boards on my phone.
  • mommadupuis
    mommadupuis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @S_masters20 you are a true inspiration, thank you for sharing!
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

Add me if (and only if) you keep your diary open to your friends -- like I do.