Disney World Marathon Weekend ----- PR!!!

Options
Hey guys,

I just had to share a NSV today. This weekend is the Disney World Marathon Weekend and while I didn't sign up for the half or full marathon, I did sign up for their inaugural Minnie Mouse 10k. This isn't my first 10k as I do the Austin Capitol 10k every year BUT this was my best time EVER!!!!!!

Usually it takes me about 1:57 to complete the 10k but at Disney I completed my race in 1:44:57 and that was WITH stops to take pictures of the race.

I am so excited! 10 days into 2014 and I am already rocking it. I can't wait to see if I can beat this time in April at the Cap 10k.

Just shows that if you keep at this weight loss/fitness journey great things do come of it!

"It doesn't get easier, you just get better."

Replies

• Bonnieg318
    Bonnieg318 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, now I am afraid no race will ever live up to that one lol!!
    I ran my very first half marathon in 2011 at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend and I had such an amazing time!! I will recommend a runDisney event to any and everyone!! They do it so well!
    Congratulations on your PR! That is so exciting!!
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Great job!!

I plan n doing the Goofy challenge next year. Disney running-ahhhh the magic!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! This is awesome =)
  • Masonless
    Masonless Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great job! One of my goals is the Disney World Marathon. Way to rock 2014!
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! the 10k was humid, and so was the half marathon. I am glad the full cooled down a bit.

Dopey Challenge was amazing! Never thought I could do it, but it was awesome!
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    congrats. that's fantastic
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    YAYYYYYY Nice job!!!!! :):):)
  • Chewbacca262
    Options
    Just found this thread- awesome.

Now I'm motivated to try for Disney 2015!
  • losingit512
    losingit512 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh! It is so worth it! I signed up to run the Disneyland Half-Marathon weekend in August! I am excited because I have never been to Disneyland and now I get to see it in a different light!

For the 2015 Disneyworld Marathon Weekend I am planning to attempt the Dopey Challenge. Can't wait to register!
  • Chewbacca262
    Options

Oh my gosh! It is so worth it! I signed up to run the Disneyland Half-Marathon weekend in August! I am excited because I have never been to Disneyland and now I get to see it in a different light!

For the 2015 Disneyworld Marathon Weekend I am planning to attempt the Dopey Challenge. Can't wait to register!

Good luck with the training!

May I ask where did you stay? I'm reading that staying at a Disney resort, possibly one along the monorail was the best option for most even if it got crowded.
  • losingit512
    losingit512 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Good luck with the training!

May I ask where did you stay? I'm reading that staying at a Disney resort, possibly one along the monorail was the best option for most even if it got crowded.

Thanks!

The past two times I actually stayed at a hotel close to Downtown Disney and found one on Groupon. This last time I just hitched a ride with someone else who was going to the race but you can taxi it. This next time I will probably book ahead and stay at one of the "host resorts" that has a free shuttle to and from the race.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!