Deleted due to age

Options
I have been on this site for nearly 500 days and have lost 90lbs. The hard work has now begun, to keep the weight off. I am privileged to have the most awesome and supportive friends you could ever ask for. Now I would like to add to my list. Oh one thing please do not befriend me then delete me due to my age (53). :smile:

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the great work! At 53 you're still just a kid!:wink:
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    That's awesome dedication. I would love to have your support. Sending friend request.
  • karenc118
    karenc118 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    you've done amazingly well, im 53 next month and struggling so need all the support i can get! friend request sent :)
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Great work! V.impressive.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Congratulations on all of your hard work and success! I am turning 50 in a few weeks time. FR sent :flowerforyou:
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Well done on hitting your goal. If you are willing to offer mutual support please feel free to add me. I am on most days and although I still would like to lose perhaps 15-20lb I am now into the lifestyle side of fitness :-)
  • slimandtrimsoon65
    slimandtrimsoon65 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Very well done!! Sending request, and won't delete. At 48 you give me hope... 90lbs is amazing and is around what I dare to dream of losing
  • Nanba007
    Nanba007 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job. I turn 50 this year and I am far from old. Add me if you wish. :)
  • Zvijerijer
    Zvijerijer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's a really impressive, congrats! I'm here for a long run, request sent :smile:
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    well I would be honored to be on your friend listing and btw I'm 59 so whoever deleted you because of your age is an ahole :noway: :huh: :flowerforyou:
  • lindanewland37
    lindanewland37 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am 58 years old and just at the beginning of my newest and I hope last attempt to change my life. Feel free to add me as a friend. You have done a great job.
  • Wolfmother61
    Wolfmother61 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I coming up to 53 and would definitely have you as a friend. :smile:
  • Chance535
    Chance535 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Great dedication!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    53? I would love to be 53 again, 71 come April

Add me if you wish
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    They actually told you they deleted you due to age?

Wow, that's not nice.

Congrats on our weight loss! Awesome achievement! :flowerforyou:
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    I am 58, looking forward to a healthier seniority.
    The "whippersnappers" who sass me get told :bigsmile:
    You'll be LUCKY to reach my age!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone delete you because of your age? If they do they're really not worth having as any sort of support. 53 isn't old in fact 63 isn't old or 73. Age doesn't really matter its your actions and commitment that matter. If you've lost 90 pounds you're definitely committed. Congratulations on your achievement if you want another friend feel fee to add me. (in fact anyone can)
  • sandign
    Options
    Boy, if they are deletying you,m then I will be sure to be deleted. I'm 66 yrs and have just started in earnest to lose wieght, for a couple of reasons. I was dianosed with Type 2 diabete on Jan 3. In addition, I have bilateral knee surgery scheduled for April 8.

So for health reason and easier rehab I need to lose the weight. I've waited 15 yrs for this surgery. I've lost 20 lbs since I started on Dec 26. Hope to lose another 10 at least before the surgery.

You done a great job and I can't imagine why someon would de-friend you when you have that type of dedication.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Anyone who deletes people for being too old needs a good talking to. No matter what age you are, people are here to get on top of their eating and exercise habits and get healthy.
  • FitForRiding
    Options
    Hey at our age 53 & 55, we are awesome!!!
    Congratulations on the weight loss :flowerforyou:
    It would be great to support each other.