When did people start noticing your weight loss?

Options
My goal is 100 lbs. I'm down 16 so far. I know 16 of 100 probably isn't noticeable in the least, but I am dying for someone to finally say "Have you lost weight?"

When did you get your first comments?

Replies

• nikiafter
    Options
    Yesterday a friend of mine said "whoa those jeans are getting baggy", and I have lost only 10lbs. I haven't noticed much yet but she was right. The jeans were a bit baggy. :)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I think I had lost about 20 lbs when I got my first comment on it.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,234 Member
    Options
    When I started out I had about 80 pounds to lose. People didn't notice the loss until I was past 20 pounds down, probably closer to 25. Then they started telling me I was losing too much. It is nice to have it noticed, but know also that you will likely run into the same thing with people saying you should not lose more or too much.
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i lost only 6lbs when people started noticing ^_^.. being small frame and petitle has its advantages too i guess :D any small gain or loss is noticed:D
  • MsBluelipstick
    Options
    I have lost almost 60 and I dont get much notice...maybe because I still have 100 to go.It is very discouraging! I hope you have better luck!
  • tasha_rena
    tasha_rena Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Probably 40-50lbs. I didn't notice really until 50-60lbs.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    At 28 lbs the people around me started noticing.
  • trippymace
    Options
    I think it was just a few weeks ago, shortly after Christmas, ironically (where I had gained about 5lbs back).
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It probably depends on where the weight comes off from first. If you lose in your face fast, people will probably notice right away. If you lose in your legs/arms, people probably won't notice, because they aren't looking there.

And if you lose off your *kitten* first, and somebody asks, well.... you know what they were doing....
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Honestly not until about 40 or 50 pounds. It was really pissing me off. But then all of a sudden people started noticing all the time. I think a lot of people won't say anything until the are sure because they don't want to embarrass you. And some people will never say anything because they think it is too personal. But keep going and it will happen, and once it does it feels great. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It took forever and only after people didn't see me for 3 months!
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I started at about 335 and people started to notice at about 40 to 60 pounds loss. I also didn't tell any of my co-workers I was losing just to see when someone noticed.
  • MissJazzie14
    MissJazzie14 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well I have lost some weight but I do not notice it but my friends and family do. I wonder when do the person that is losing weight start noticing it. I had did a pic collage on my phone using a December pic and Jan pic and people say they see the difference in my mid section and legs but I do not see it at all.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Most people noticed when I'd lost about 20 lbs. I started getting compliments on how great I was looking.
  • mythopoeic
    mythopoeic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The first person said something when I was 16 pounds down. I do think a lot of people noticed around that point, too, but it wasn't until I was down 30 pounds that people started saying anything.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    At 15 pounds. My face changed, and my butt changed. That's when I started getting comments and compliments.
  • meglizbo
    Options
    Sometimes it is more about time than how much you've lost! They say it can take up to four weeks for you to really notice the difference, eight weeks for people who are close to you, and twelve weeks for the rest of the world....So give it three months and see how you're doing :smile:
  • thunderthyghz
    thunderthyghz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Not until like 4 months into my weightloss. My mother noticed after a month or so because she was seeing me daily, but it took everyone else a while.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    It took 10-15 lbs before people started commenting. Once I passed 20 it was very obvious as all my clothes were baggy.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    From 214 to 193 - from size 18-20 to a size16, nobody noticed