NO FRUITS/VEGETABLES!!!!!!

Options
I have not eaten fruits or vegetables ever! I know sounds crazy.....I have been this way all my life, nor do I eat meats (except chicken) or seafood. I mostly eat breads/pasta and junk food.......... So now I want to try juicing, can anyone tell me anything about juicing? I am nervous because if the taste is not good, I may not drink it..................

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    Nah, you probably won't like it based on your history...........just keep eating junk food, it's wonderful.:wink:
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    ....I'm not even sure what to say.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    If you've never eaten fruits or vegetables (I don't know how that is possible!), then juicing wouldn't be my first choice. How about you start by adding one fruit and vegetable to your day? Then, you can build from there.
    Good luck!
  • ARTALBERT3
    Options
    Its possible.....The problem is the taste..... I do like apples and corn...that about it.....
  • ARTALBERT3
    Options
    I know, but it not healthy and i'm not getting any younger......
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    if you've never eaten them ever then how do you even know you like apples and corn, and nothing else?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have not eaten fruits or vegetables ever! I know sounds crazy.....I have been this way all my life, nor do I eat meats (except chicken) or seafood. I mostly eat breads/pasta and junk food.......... So now I want to try juicing, can anyone tell me anything about juicing? I am nervous because if the taste is not good, I may not drink it..................

Why not just try the actual fruit and veg?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Why not just try the actual fruit and veg?

^This. Try something new everyday. You can't know that you don't like it if you don't try it.
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Your parents never made you eat any fruits or vegetables?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I would avoid juicing and either just try eating them. Maybe a fruit and vegetable smoothie. When I mix a little bit of spinach or cabbage into a fruit smoothie I can't even taste them.
  • dorear
    dorear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Force yourself to eat fruits and vegetables. You don't have to go suddenly vegan but you must change your mindset. Yes we should enjoy food but the primary function of food is nutrition. Don't allow yourself 'some' junk food or simple carbs. Decide to change your habits. If you stick with it your taste buds will change.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Have to treat you like a kid. Dump all the junk and buy fruits and vegetables. When you're hungry enough, you'll eat them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ARTALBERT3
    Options
    Apples and corn is the only "fruit/veg" that I would eat, and as I have gotten older I only eats those every once in a blue moon..... I look at fruits and vegetables and I just think that they are nasty and this leanred behavior started as a kid..........
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I would start by trying different fruits and vegetables. I did this challenge where I picked 1 different fruit or veggie each week. Through out the week, I tried making it in different ways so I could make sure I definitely did not like the fruit or veggie.

Start with strawberries! Or kiwi! my two favourites! :D Perhaps with veggies, you can try an oriental veggie mix. The frozen veggies might be a good option, those you can boil or steam and have them with supper just to try something new.
  • BRenee023
    BRenee023 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not a veg. fan either. Juice 2 granny smith apples and 1 cup of baby carrots. You cant taste the carrots at all. Tastes just like apple juice.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables and find the ones that you like (taste wise)
  • ARTALBERT3
    Options
    They tried everything....from thats all your going to eat, whipping, and etc...NOTHING worked.....my younger son (4 years) is the same way....He has tried oranges and peaches, but he will not get the fruits or vegetables.....
  • dolthack
    dolthack Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm only making a reply here because this person is an idiot and a liar. "I've never eaten fruit or veg" BUT "I like apples and corn"

Give me a break.

Oh yeah, and this gem "I might not like the taste"

Well guess what, if you keep (supposedly) eating the way your are the only thing you're going to be tasting is the dirt in your grave, so grow up and start eating a healthy diet whether you like the taste initially or not.

Whether or not you believe in the efficacy and health aspects of juicing (I'm talking to anyone out there poised to dispute it) go and watch this video before you embark on juicing: http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

I have a juicer. I don't only consume juice, I supplement my diet of protein and whole vegetables with it.
  • ARTALBERT3
    Options
    Thank you...I will try this... I was told always to add carrots because they are sweet... and add lemon juice to geens like kale to break up the bitter taste.
  • ARTALBERT3
    Options
    Is it chunky? Or is there pieces of the vegetables?