Breast size and weight loss

Options
So this may seem like a silly topic but it's something that I was curious about. I gained about 80 lbs in the last two years. My breast size has not changed with the 80lbs weight gain but I was wondering if I lost weight will I lose my breast size? I don't know if there's a way to lose weight and not lose breast. I reasoned with myself that being healthy is definitely more important than having big breasts so that's not going to stop me from dieting and exercising but I still would like to know if my chest is going to suffer a big lost.

Thank you :-)

Replies

• dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I remember looking into this before I started my weight loss since I already had small boobs and didn't want to become a pancake. The majority of responses all said it depended on genetics, some people lose from their boobs, other don't (or at least, it's the last place they lose). Just like some lose from stomach last and some don't. Mine didn't, thank god. Began a 34 A, still a 34 A! xD

Do the women in your family tend to have larger breasts? If so, you'll probably less likely to lose them. But really you won't know until you start on your journey and they either begin to shrink or not.

best of luck ! :)
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've lost 80 lbs and mine have shrunk some. I don't know how old you are, but I seem to have lost volume more than size, if that makes sense. I have (so far) gone from a 42H to 34HH. Like the other poster said, genetics is going to play a huge role.
  • rumandpoetry
    Options
    I'm 18 years old. I was a 36D (170lbs) and now I'm a 40D (220lbs)
    So there was no difference in the cup size. Just the band.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your genetics/body, but T&A were the FIRST thing to go for me. I was a little self conscious about it at first, but I like my new body, so it's okay. :)
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    There actually is a difference between a 36D and a 40D. If you wanted to keep the same cup size as a 36D but go up to a 40 band, it'd be a 40B. When you go up a band size you gotta go down a cup size!

Anyway, to answer the question, since you didn't put on a lot of weight there, I don't imagine you'd lose it from there, but there are no guarantees. I've lost about 2 cup sizes (lost 20 lbs) but I was thankful for it, as I was a 32G! Now I think I'm somewhere around a 30E or F.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    There is no way to target weight loss for any part of your body. Your body does what it wants!

I started as a 40D and am currently a 36B with a 101 weight loss. Losing it in my breast has been the best thing that ever happened to me!
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I went from a 38 D to a 34 B. Ouch.
  • neelyohhara
    neelyohhara Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I went from a post pregnancy 40E to a 38B. Pre kids and even at my slimmest my boobs were bigger. But I actually like my small boobs, for the first time ever i'm actually comfortable without a bra!
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    After buying some really nice/expensive Victoria Secret bras (36D)......I lost 26 lbs and now they are too big. I think I'm about 32/34 C. Gonna wait to get to my goal weight before buying more! UGH!
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I imagine how long you were over weight may play a part as well. I was in my early 20's when I started to get big. Went from a 36D to a 44G. Ive lost close to 60lbs and only 20 from my final goal and Ive only gotten down to a 38E I imagine my breasts would of continued to grow through the yrs regardless if i gained weight or not? I was HOPING i would be down to about a D by now. So i have lost some cup sizes im more interested on how they are no longer on my chest where they used to be lol ( Throws em over her shoulder as she leaves the room).

Take current breast measurements as well. It may be possible you arent wearing the right size. What the other poster said NEVER change the band size to compensate cup size! That is VERY unhealthy for your breast tissue! I was a tester for Maidenform for years with input into new bra styles, fit ect. That is a common misconception that can contribute to poor breast health and circulation. Band size has NO effect on cup size what so ever. Thats how you end up with underarm boob, Compressed breasts and or sore shoulders because the cup doesnt properly support the breast.
  • CittiB
    CittiB Posts: 25
    Options
    I always worry about this too, but there's no way to stop it. Some people claim wearing certain clothes that focus on the thighs or stomach help you lose weight in those areas, but really that's just marketing and it's down to genetics. I'm a 32C/D at the moment but go down to a B/C when I lose a little weight. Looks like I'll be wearing push-up bras for a long time to come! Just remember breasts look good in proportion so if you're losing weight everywhere then it's only a good thing!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I agree with other posters that everyone is different. I'm a busty girl (thin or with extra weight). I find that the band size is what goes down (I know some women miss the cleavage but does anyone miss the fat that sticks out along the band including in the back?). The actual "cleavage" is due to your cup size with a 32, 34, 36 and 38G all being equally busty but the 32 would be on a more petite frame and so on. Being a little smaller isn't a bad thing because if you aren't, it means you aren't losing overall (spot reducing just isn't possible). Also as the rest of you gets smaller you will be well balanced/proportioned.

The important thing is that breast are beautiful in any size - rolls of back fat not so much!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've always had big boobs, and they stayed big despite losing nearly 70lbs. They got bigger after I had my children, but went back to where they used to be - a 34/36D (depending on brand). I have an hourglass figure.

I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant and they haven't got much bigger yet, but they probably will do after I've had the baby.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I went from a C cup to a B cup, so there wasn't really anything too drastic in the way of loss, but I never had much to begin with! (74 pound weight loss, all from my thighs!!! :P )
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    It really depends on genetics. Also remember that you're getting a smaller underbust and bust size. I've lost inches from my chest, but proportionally I've gotten bigger. I went from a 46B/C to (currently) a 42D.