Thanksgiving - when did you see it on the scale?

Options
I am taking an informal poll on how long it takes for bad food choices to convert to weight gain!

If you overate a bit on Thursday, then ate clean yesterday, did you show a scale gain yesterday (the morning after), or today (2 days later), or not at all?

I was fine yesterday no change on scale, but this morning after having a really strict day & working out I actually saw a gain. Would like to think I'm on 2 day delay and will see a loss tomorrow!

Replies

• lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I over ate the night before with pizza two slices then overate pizza.. I gained a pound
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    you guys do realize that salt plays a major major MAjor role in day-to-day weight fluctuations, right? i wouldn't worry about it too much. if you overate one day, it really doesn't matter. what matters is if you overeat every day.
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Salt is so the key for me. I went up a pound from the chips I took in the past two days, even though I stayed within my calories!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I overate by 500 calories on Thanksgiving, but still lost 2.4 lbs when I weighed in the next morning. It's not all about one day. It's about consistency.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Mine's a bit confusing You see, I was sick and unable to eat on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. At that time I weighed about 196. However, my last real weigh-in was at 199. On Thursday, I ate and ate and ate, and stepped on the scale before going to bed (of course, that's not accurate, but I was curious.) My weight was 200. The next morning I weighed myself to get a real idea of the damage. It came in at 198. So, I gained 2 pounds from my "sick" weight, but lost a pound from last week's weight. Lol. Today, I did a true weigh-in and logged it as I normally do on Saturdays. 196.8! Two pounds lost! Just as I had planned.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    The science is you have to overeat by 3500 calories to gain 1 lb of fat. Very difficult to do in one day, altho not impossible for me!! :laugh:

I agree that daily weight fluctuations are all about salt and water retention/release.

:flowerforyou:
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I ate very poorly on Tuesday (thanksgiving lunch at work), saw a gain Wednesday, ate very well, then Thursday ate poorly and drank very poorly (many vodka tonics), back to good eating yesterday and today I'm not only down from Wednesday but I'm down from Tuesday too. I'm a bit worried that the lbs are still coming but we'll see.
  • mrskern06
    mrskern06 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't see it on the scale! I just weighed myself this morning, after I had breakfast and water, and was at my last weigh-in weigh from 3 days agot! :o) I ate some of everything at the table on Thanksgiving but didn't stuff myself! I was over 1000 calories over my allotment but I exercised and ate well yesterday!
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I think that for me at least the over eating on Thanksgiving actually helped me. I think with the spike in calories for that day or 2 kicked my metabolism back again because I only lost one pound last week at weigh in and I weighed myself and im down 2 lbs since the day before thanksgiving... I am thinking that from now on I am going to give myself one day a week to spike my calorie intake and see what happens....
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I haven't. I weighed in yesterday and had lost 1.3 pounds in 3 days. Of course, I spent all T-Giving day cooking and haven't been overeating. I inputted my recipes here and have been tracking my cals and watching portion sizes diligently.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I didn't overeat on Thanksgiving. I blatanly BINGED! Saw a 5 lb gain on the scale the following morning, but I'm pretty sure it was more of a water retention thing. I also spent most of the following day with a rotten/upset stomach. Good times!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i was about normal yesterday but up about .5-1lb today...i usually see a little gain two days after rather than the day after...but most of the time once i get the sodium under control and out of my system i 'lose' that weight again :)
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I was up 3-5 pounds the next day. Over eating, salt, bloat, TOM on the way. The next day I ate good and exercised. Today down by half of what I gained. Rings are still tight! I guess it will take the rest of the week to flush all the salt and hormone mess. Then I'll be back to where I started and hopefully down from there. I can hope!
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    in the past, i've seen what you see. that if you over eat one day, it comes back in two days time. i haven't weighed myself since wednesday because i don't have a scale at my mom's house. when i get back home, i am both looking forward to and slightly apprehensive of seeing what i weigh, but i think i'll be around what i was wednesday, or maybe sliiiightly more
  • aterry176
    Options
    I gained 3.2 lbs the day after, haven't weighed to day so I don't know if my weight is settling back yet.
  • skeetpea
    skeetpea Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I didn't overeat on Thanksgiving. I blatanly BINGED! Saw a 5 lb gain on the scale the following morning, but I'm pretty sure it was more of a water retention thing. I also spent most of the following day with a rotten/upset stomach. Good times!

I am having the EXACT same problem! I really overdid it on thanksgiving and I felt horrible yesterday and continuing on this morning from the meal. And had a whopping 4 lb gain from all of the salt/water retention. Bleg! But I had a great morning at the gym today and I am feeling TONS better. I can only hope I can get some of the water weight out of my system in time for monday's weigh in. I have a feeling I won't be doing that again anytime soon. :drinker:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I've been within my goal (maintenance) all week so I know I have not really gained anything, but have been eating leftovers for almost every meal. I'm not even weighing for a few days as I know my salt intake is probably 3 times what it usually is!
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    One thing I'm definitely thankful for... I didn't take home any leftovers!!
  • Loseittoo
    Loseittoo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I worked out before people came over, ran my daily 5k. I ate light before and had a good meal with the family. No pie, no cookies. I had two plates of food.

I lost a pound when I got on the scale the next day.

I have a big dinner at my house every week. I do the same thing. No excuse to go off the deep end even for 1 day. How to eat is the biggest lesson from losing almost 200lbs.
  • ClaireElanB
    ClaireElanB Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by everyone doing so well over this week! Everyone has managed so well and not had too much anxiety over beding the plan a little then moving on. I'm so impressed!