Last Chance Workout!

Options
hey I knowthere are a billion message boards about this topic, but none really answered my main question. My question to everyone is if you have done the Jillian Michaels LAST CHANCE WORKOUT on demand or the DVD's?? IF so how much weight did you lose with doing that DVD or On Demand work out!? im interested in how much weight was lost during that because i wasn't sure if it works.

Replies

• JLeeAlton
    Options
    Any type of exercise works as long as you do it. Are you looking for something that is challanging or mediocore? What is your skill level like for workouts?

As long as you are moving and doing things that are not your daily routine, it is considered exercise. Now keep in mind everyone is different and what one person will burn during one activity another person will burn a different amount. My advice is find some workouts you really like and purchase an HRM to record your calories burned and go from there!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't your question....but, try the "Less is More" workout with Cindy Whitmarsh...awesome workout for the 30 minutes...fast and super effective...one of my favorites
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Im just curious about the weight loss that is done with any work out, like i did Jillian's last chance work out and i lose 10 pounds from doing it for a month, ya know? i would think people would wanna talk about that! but i exercise and am looking to get back in to the routine of an at home work out, so just knowing if someone is losing ANY weight with DVD's i would like to know their accomlishments!
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Ah ok well like I said any workout dvds are exercise and exercise = weight loss of course. Some of my personal recommendations for good workouts are

jillian Michaels 30 day shred - I know alot of women use that here and I do as well
    p90x - pricey but awesome workouts
    insanity - again pricey but awesome workouts
    I used to do any Tae Bo.. those were fun and effective.

Bottom line is choose something that you like to do and is fun for you and that makes ya sweat! Eat right and you will be golden! Remember that everyone looses weight differently and you just have to find what works for you!
  • Bearface115
    Options
    very true, and i have done Insanity and gave up bc it got to tough for me at the moment i wanna drop LBS first before i bulk up, and i also did tae Bo which Billy kicked my butt, but he was also too intimidating! and 30 shred i do have and i use it from time to time, but i miss placed the DVD for the time being! but i hear what your saying, just looking for encouragement with people who have stuck with it and lost the weight!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada so rely on DVD's for workouts for much of the year as it is too cold or snowy to venture outside. I have Jillian's 30 day shred, plus a lot of other DVD's as i don't like to do the same one two days in a row.
    I got more serious about my weight loss so really tweaked my food and tried to exercise more about 6 months ago, late May. In the beginning, just using my various DVD's I was losing an average of 8-10 pounds per month. I had a lot of travel in summer so that seemd to drop down to 5 pounds loss per month, but in the 6 months I've lost 45 pounds so far.
    My only exercise is walking outside when weather permits, or my DVD collection.
  • dtummel
    Options
    I used to work out to Jillian, but after i hurt my back I couldn't do it anymore. Just getting back to doing anything more than physical therapy. Using Gilad on FitTV because it's only 20 min, it's still circuit training and so far my back has been able to handle it.
  • Bearface115
    Options
    I live in Canada so rely on DVD's for workouts for much of the year as it is too cold or snowy to venture outside. I have Jillian's 30 day shred, plus a lot of other DVD's as i don't like to do the same one two days in a row.
    I got more serious about my weight loss so really tweaked my food and tried to exercise more about 6 months ago, late May. In the beginning, just using my various DVD's I was losing an average of 8-10 pounds per month. I had a lot of travel in summer so that seemd to drop down to 5 pounds loss per month, but in the 6 months I've lost 45 pounds so far.
    My only exercise is walking outside when weather permits, or my DVD collection.

Good for you!! Im trying to get more serious also and so far it's good, but i need that extra UMPH!
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    I do p90x and insanity together now.. yes it is hard/tough/crazy etc etc but do what you can... I can not do some of things they do for very long.. rest when you have too seriously. Know your limits and do your own pace. You will not bulk up by just doing insanity.. I am pretty sure you will bulk up if you are just seriously weight training. However building muscle burns fat! And don't always go by what you see on the scale. Some people will see inches lost before a significant weight loss. Someone just said in a post today that you have a pair of pants in the back of your closet that you used to be able to fit into.. pull them out and try them on.. you would be surprised at how many people can do this.. fit in them and not see much pounds lost on the scale. Reason being they are losing inches from their body by toning up thier muscles. Since muscle weighs more than fat, this is why the scale isnt moving fast but the inches are coming off. Make sense? I think I rambled a bit lol
  • Bearface115
    Options
    I do p90x and insanity together now.. yes it is hard/tough/crazy etc etc but do what you can... I can not do some of things they do for very long.. rest when you have too seriously. Know your limits and do your own pace. You will not bulk up by just doing insanity.. I am pretty sure you will bulk up if you are just seriously weight training. However building muscle burns fat! And don't always go by what you see on the scale. Some people will see inches lost before a significant weight loss. Someone just said in a post today that you have a pair of pants in the back of your closet that you used to be able to fit into.. pull them out and try them on.. you would be surprised at how many people can do this.. fit in them and not see much pounds lost on the scale. Reason being they are losing inches from their body by toning up thier muscles. Since muscle weighs more than fat, this is why the scale isnt moving fast but the inches are coming off. Make sense? I think I rambled a bit lol

You are so right! i am scale obsessed which discourages me from continuing work outs... i need to seriously work out and weight myself every two weeks are monthly, becuase i have to wean myself off the scale because when i am in the thick of diet and exercise i wanna see if i dropped weight, and when i see chance i get excieted and jump on the scale and see i didnt loose or gain a pound i give up!, so thanks for reminding me about muscles are really a good thing and the scale is the DEVIL, lol!
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Lol.. i know what you mean. I get on the scale every single morning.. even down a few ounces pumps me up for the day. But if its up I don't get discourage because I know I am working hard. I only weigh in when I have dropped ounces or pounds too. If i do go up however, I will look over what I ate the day before and see if there was anything I can change. But I don't freak out cause I feel good and I know I work hard everyday!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    I've done the Last Chance Workout. I haven't done it daily. However, I do like it. I do Turbo Fire, but I add the Last Chance because of the strength circuits, since TF is mainly intense cario (probably not as intense as Insanity...but still a good fast pace). I've burned decent calories with LC. If you've done 30DS, it's pretty much the same thing except she doesn't do a specific ab routine in the circuits. Hope that helps.

Oh...and I would jump on the scale daily too. I've limited it to once a week (Mondays). I just push myself w/the exercise and watch what I eat and see where the numbers stop. It is hard not to keep jumping on the scale...but it was discouraging when I hit plateaus. I'm sure you'll find something you like. Good luck!