Needing to lose 150+ pounds.

Options
My name is DeeAnn, I have a very long journey ahead of me. I am looking for support an motivation to help me along this journey.

I am a food addict... food has been my drug of choice MY WHOLE LIFE. I am tired of letting food control me. I want to take control once an for all. I have a 7 year old son who is following in my foot steps. It breaks my heart and scares me to death to see him eating an gaining. I'm doing this for MYSELF and also to SAVE SAM.

Anyone who would like to add me an encourage me along the way is welcome to do so. Lord knows I need all the encouragement a girl could get.

Replies

• beckm2022
    beckm2022 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am also working on loosing 100 pounds. Good luck on your journey. This has been a great resource for me and I am down 10 pounds already. :smile:
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi DeeAnn, I'm on the same long journey. I started just about a year ago and have lost 83 lbs so far. I still have over 100 left to go. Feel free to add me, I log daily!

You can do this!!!

Sandy
  • ldashelle
    ldashelle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I suffer with the same addiction and it is a hard addiction to kick because it is my go to drug. So it is so hard to kick an addiction to something that you need to live. It is a constant reminder in my head that I can just keep eating. I have to eat the amount and nothing else. I have to totally change the way I think about food and the relationship I have with it.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    same here. I started last July. this is the first time that I have done this well and I actually think I can do it. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. Good luck. Just take it one day at a time. You can do it. You have yourself and a little boy to do it for. I kept telling myself that nobody else is going to look out for my health but me. Somehow, that helped.
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. My end will be -178 pounds ( I think). We can help each other! :flowerforyou:
  • SharkBaitChick
    SharkBaitChick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just beginning again...neglected myself for last 6months :noway: looking to lose 75lbs... Easily frustrated and de-motivated - food not an addiction per se but cravings kill me - I love crusty bread and water crackers...also big time potato and corn lover!!!! I am looking at starting a workout regimen but I just hate exercise...ugh

I was going to yoga religiously and was seeing strength, balance and 'inner peace' improvements but I fell off the wagon. I tried Zumba don't like gyms and workout classes though. I work 60-70 hrs a week too so time is not a luxury I have, but I realize that I don't feel good ...always tired and blood sugar is out of whack! :noway:

I am a certified scuba diver and I absolutely love diving...I can't imagine trying to engage in that right now though :sad: - I need to focus on me for sure and regain a sense of self!n:heart:
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Dee, you've already had a huge success in understanding that it's a real, honest to goodness addiction that you're facing. Some folks on MFP are not addicts and they're people who perhaps didn't have nutritional information and they gained a bit of etra weight. It's my opinion that someone like me who gained all the way up to 339 pounds has something more going on than simple overeating. I call it "a touch of the fang" because sometimes it feels like a ravenous beast nagging me to eat more and only then will the beast shut up. I knew for a long time that the beast was never satisfied, that eating until I was stuffed didn't even stop it's demands for 24 hours. Even worse was the guilt, the genuine remorse I'd feel afterwards, knowing full well that I was being controlled by something that not only was making me ugly but it was actually killing me. After years of yoyo dieting I just gave up, feeling like I would never get the upperhand. I gave up for about 6 years, ate everything the beast wanted and began the trips to the doctors for them to fix what ailed me. I developed heart disease, sleep apnea with pulmonary hypertension, crippling arthritis, and still I ate. Thank God, one day I had a moment of clarity and I understood that I was committing a form of slow suicide because of my ADDICTION to food. I wasn't simply overeating, I was gorging myself to death. I faced the lie, you know, the one where we think we'll feel so good if we just have that ice cream or a dozen cookies. True, after a certain point of stuffing myself I did reach a sort of homeostasis and a calmness or more aptly a TRANCE would ensue and the fangs would retreat until the next day. I finally got the message that like any other addict I had to stop, just stop. It wasn't easy, and it still isn't but for me the first step was facing my addiction, understanding that I was causing my own health catastrophes, and that I was allowing a lie to lead my life. I made changes immediately. I stopped drinking all soft drinks and substituted lemon in filtered water with lots of ice. Instead of sweets I switched to slices of cold, crisp apples with lots of cinnamon. I discovered that many of the new granola bars were delicious, less than 140 calories, filling and could replace my craving for sweets. Look for the ones without sugar preferably. I bought an air popper and to this day I have a bowl of popcorn every night. I logged in to MFP everyday, several times a day, and I found inspiration and success stories. I've now lost more than 100 pounds in 15 months. I'm still an addict and I'm not sure if I'll ever not be, but I have learned to substitue healthier foods and the beast is a lot less noisy now. I'm off all blood pressure meds, my sugar levels are normal, and I while there is permanent damage to my body from the morbid obesity I am facing it and trying every day to be a stonger woman. Now, you're still so very young and you have a young child and you the center of his universe. He will do as you do. You're here because you made a choice ...you chose life. You can do this!
  • natalie_journey
    natalie_journey Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to do this for myself and my kids. My son is overweight for his age and I get scared that he may keep on gaining. The only problem is that he's a very picky eater so I struggle a lot!
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! :)

Trust me on this one . . When I get a food craving . . (all the time) I work out or just drink water! Find something else to do . . .

Never give up :)
  • Roarmiaka
    Roarmiaka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) i have the same journey, 170 ish pounds, and alot left to go. more friends the better!
  • DeeAnn2004
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I wish you all good luck on your weight loss journey. I know we can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • dancingmuffin
    dancingmuffin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Fell free to add me . I started out with the goal to lose 150 lbs from my starting weight of 300lbs and now about 50 days in i am now down to 276. I am pretty much active everyday and i do try to comment on my friends posts.
  • kimethajones
    kimethajones Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    add me i need your help
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys I have managed to lose 124lb in 37 weeks. You can check out my profile pictures. I am a 45 yr old male from Birmingham England. I am also looking for friends as my few on here don't post much. I would like to see peoples food diaries. I also just created a photobucket of my meals that may give some ideas. Must warm though, I am not a professional photographer or chef lol.

My target is to lose 12st 7lb, so far I have lost 8st 12lb, so still a way to go.

Add me as a friend.
  • lindanewland37
    lindanewland37 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I have about the same amount to lose and have struggled to lose it my entire adult life. Recent health issues have given me more focus - as my profile says I am not yet ready for the big dirt nap. I lost 30 lbs. in 2013 and have a goal to lose 70 lbs. in 2014. I am 12 pounds towards that goal of 70.
  • Chance535
    Chance535 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as your friend.
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm on the journey to lose 120 lbs. It's going to be a journey but I'm committed and very ready!

Anyone can add me.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Sent you a FR! I am on a frustratingly long stall and I need to break it! Anyone feel free to add me. I still want to lose another 60 pounds and need a kick in the backside to get me there :laugh:
  • Aubydauby
    Options
    I'm right here with you ... how do we 'add' people? new to this site ... i keep failing at loosing and i'm tired of it. Every time i try to exercise/eat right (even have skinny fiber) i get the most horrible cramping that leaves me almost unable to walk down the stairs to leave our apartment. It scares me off continuing ...anyone else have experience with this or how you got past it how long it took?
  • alandry2121
    alandry2121 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there girl! If anyone understands, it's ME! I started this journey with 145 lbs to lose. Still have 65 to go after losing 80, (got pregnant and had a baby in there too) and some days that's hard to fathom.

I'd love to be your friend on here! :)