Bananas and weight gain/loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Guess you can overdo anything. Half a frozen ripe banana is the primary sweeter in my green smoothies. Since it's helping to keep me out of the jelly beans and ice cream, I figure it's a net win.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    The only bad things about bananas is that they are delicious with peanut butter and those calories add up very fast!

Sooooo good!! :love: :love:

bananans.jpg

I see this snack in my near future.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Guess you can overdo anything. Half a frozen ripe banana is the primary sweeter in my green smoothies. Since it's helping to keep me out of the jelly beans and ice cream, I figure it's a net win.

I would gladly take all donations in the form of ice cream and jelly beans...licorice is a preference for said jelly beans.
  • RockingGranny
    RockingGranny Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have a banana every morning in my smoothie.

Here are some fun facts for the banana lovers out there. Courtesy of the Banana Museum.

http://www.bananamuseum.com/

BANANA FACTOIDS:

An average American eats 26 pounds of bananas every year - that's about 150 bananas. Seems low to me; I average 365 a year.

Immigrants arriving at Ellis Island in the early years (1892-1920s) were given bananas to eat. Many had never seen them and didn't know how to eat them - some ate the whole thing, peel and all.

Bananas were introduced to the American public at the 1876 Philadelphia Centennial Exposition, the same expo that introduced Alexander Graham Bell's telephone.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I eat on average 2 a day as you can see it's had a significant effect on my weightloss

My hats off to you! Congratz on your loss!! Bananas seem to work magic and things ;)

:laugh:
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Bananas are most beneficial when there spotty, just so you know. and I LOVE bananas with peanut butter on too, I don't put much on but its heaven.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Do you need to watch your sugar levels for your health? I'm on the 80/10/10 lifestyle and I eat 6-8 ripe bananas a day or more if it fits into my calorie allotment. Still loosing weight the same!
    bump
  • topazora
    topazora Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bananas are delicious and they make everything else delicious! They also do wonders for green smoothies- and I really should add them to my veggie muffins or something. Seriously though, **** anyone that tells you to not eat bananas to loose weight, any fruit is good fruit. So enjoy.