FAGE - A Love Affair

Options

Replies

• ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt and have ever since having it in Greece with honey and nuts. I also prefer the full fat versions, they just seem nicer to me somehow.

In the UK we don't see Chobani that much but fage is definitely my favourite, although the Lidl Eridanous runs a close second for me.
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I had the same epiphany went I switched to Fage. I don't like the 0% Fage though. 2% or full fat all the way.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I plan on trying the full fat version next time I'm at the store! Spread the love!
  • marmosetdalek
    Options
    I love Fage! I think it's great that they offer a wide range of fat percentages, too. I prefer the 2%. I use it all the time. Great for salad dressings, in smoothies, in place of sour cream in almost any dish, mixed with fruit, etc. Of all the brands I've tried, I like the taste and consistency of Fage best.
  • Cakewalk25
    Cakewalk25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I wish this was available in Canada! I'm eating Oikos in the meantime. When I was in Greece, I ate this yogurt, honey and berries every day.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I love Fage and this post! :laugh:
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I used to buy only Chobani, but I think the quality has really gone downhill in the last year. More often than not it's really runny, which it didn't used to be. That plus the smaller serving size for the same price has made me resolve only to buy it when I absolutely have to. Fage is so much better quality. I try to stock up when they're 10/$10, but I'm to the point now that I'm willing to pay the full $1.49 for them, too.

I had a full fat Fage a week or two ago and it was amazing. It tasted so decadent! I know what my go-to treat is going to be when I haven't hit my fat macro for the day. The closest store to me (a Giant--OP, you must be from central PA, too, if you're shopping at Weis!) doesn't carry the full-fat varieties, but I'm willing to make a special trip to another store to buy them now.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I used to buy only Chobani, but I think the quality has really gone downhill in the last year. More often than not it's really runny, which it didn't used to be. That plus the smaller serving size for the same price has made me resolve only to buy it when I absolutely have to. Fage is so much better quality. I try to stock up when they're 10/$10, but I'm to the point now that I'm willing to pay the full $1.49 for them, too.

I had a full fat Fage a week or two ago and it was amazing. It tasted so decadent! I know what my go-to treat is going to be when I haven't hit my fat macro for the day. The closest store to me (a Giant--OP, you must be from central PA, too, if you're shopping at Weis!) doesn't carry the full-fat varieties, but I'm willing to make a special trip to another store to buy them now.

I'm at college here in PA. Back in Jersey we have Shop Rite. :P
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    This is what I have to use....
    l5Z6Zw

#BrokePeopleNutrition

:tongue:

Yep that's in my frig too right now. And I discovered that even Aldi has a brand of greek yogurt that I can live with. But Fage really does taste the best when it fits in my budget.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Was doing the chobani mixers, the coconut chocolate almond and the key lime with white chocolate, then got broke so switched to just plain yogurt with honey and got the fage because it was cheaper, haven't gone back since. I started out with the fat free fage, but my husband TOTALLY SABOTAGED ME and got the 2% one day, when I CLEARLY SAID fat free. Have been eating the 2% ever since......and don't care! The difference in texture/creaminess between the fat free and the 2% is more than enough to offset those few extra calories for me.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Was doing the chobani mixers, the coconut chocolate almond and the key lime with white chocolate, then got broke so switched to just plain yogurt with honey and got the fage because it was cheaper, haven't gone back since. I started out with the fat free fage, but my husband TOTALLY SABOTAGED ME and got the 2% one day, when I CLEARLY SAID fat free. Have been eating the 2% ever since......and don't care! The difference in texture/creaminess between the fat free and the 2% is more than enough to offset those few extra calories for me.

All I can get around here is fat free. Which makes me sad because I have tried the full fat kind and would switch to it in a heartbeat were it an option.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

All I can get around here is fat free. Which makes me sad because I have tried the full fat kind and would switch to it in a heartbeat were it an option.

The fat free is good, but yeah, fat just makes some things SOOOOO much better...
  • hei_ma_ma
    hei_ma_ma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Another Fage fan over here. I eat it every day for breakfast with Uncle Sam cereal and frozen raspberries. It's the only yogurt I can find in my area that is not flavored and made with 2% or whole milk. I won't eat fat-free flavored yogurt - it's too sweet and tastes like diet soda. Yuck!
  • heidicalif
    heidicalif Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I buy my 0% in big 35oz tubs at Costco for $5-something, or 17.6 oz tubs at Trader Joe's for $3.29. Our TJs also have 2%, not sure about Costco.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I buy Fage (or Total in uk) by the KILO!

I start and end my day with it. It is my best best food. I play around with 0% 2% then WHAM, go to full fat and just die. I add blueberries, oats, honey, pecans, sometimes granola, sometimes almonds, jam, maple syrup, vanilla. I eat 166g per serving and it has taken me through cuts, bulks, and maintenance. I get nearly half my protein needs from it, and it makes my tummy happy.

I'd love to make it though, it's effing pricey! Anyone looked into that.:heart:
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I buy whole fat and mix in a tablespoon of Jello cheesecake pudding mix to make instant cheesecake filling. Most of the time I'll eat it with some Japanese cheesecake cookies or granola.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I buy whole fat and mix in a tablespoon of Jello cheesecake pudding mix to make instant cheesecake filling. Most of the time I'll eat it with some Japanese cheesecake cookies or granola.

Holy crap. I need a trip to the grocery store to try that!
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I use Fage as a substitute for sour cream in everything now, especially as toppers for potatoes and salads, and for dip recipes that call for sour cream or mayo.

It's also really good mixed up as a parfait with some fresh fruit, crushed walnuts and honey...yum! :tongue:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Hmm I never had the 2% or full fat Fage. They only sell the 0% at all the stores I normally go to. Time to make a special trip somewhere :D
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat Fage...primarily because I can get a case of it at Costco for $10.