New to MFP, looking for some buds!

Options
Hey guys!
New to this site, although i've been using the app frequently. Im currenty 172 pounds, and I aim to lose 40 pounds by August 2014! Ive been off and on with exercising, I keep losing my focus. I go to school 3 times a week, costing the entire day but im home for 4/7 days but usually have work. I really need to get in shape, I mean its not flattering. I hate having love handles and thunder thighs! I'm looking for someone who is almost on the same boat with more less to lose! Just someone to motivate each other with, aiming to lose weight by summer!

Im 19, 5'5, 172. Bone density is high, don't know if this even impacts weight but it's what i've been told!
I plan to use the elipitcal machine 30 mins a day, along with tons of weight training with a weight machine i have for another 30 minutes. No pain no gain. I really want to burn calories, lose the fat and just feel better. I tend to eat when im stressed, so this is extremely hard. Along with unhealthy midnight snacks. Self-control is vital, but im having a hard time to control. So, anyone on the same boat?

Any tips or tricks to get started? Anything would be helpful! Really want to lose the weight before i hit 20!

Replies

• raileneperkins
    raileneperkins Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello, we are about the same size with the same goals to be reached by August.
  • ZobiaQureshi
    ZobiaQureshi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!!
    Can't wait for results and starting to get fit :)

Hope to keep in touch with results!
    I`ll be weighing in once or twice a week, and ofcourse the food diary every day!
    Really need that push, and i think this site along with the new buds is working!

Best of luck!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much the same problem. I struggle with food. I am 5'3 and weigh 165 (not too much of a difference since I am shorter). Whatever I have been doing is not working. I am not giving up. I will be using the 21 Day Fix program starting the 17th. After that and before I plan on using weights 3 times a week and cardio 2 times a week. The biggest thing for my is self control also. I can't seem to have it lol. Anyway I will friend you if that is okay and we can encourage each other?!
  • ZobiaQureshi
    ZobiaQureshi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Haha got your friend request! Down to encourage each other,

I heard it takes 21 days to get rid of a bad habit, start with that?
    Anything's possible if you put your mind to it! Find yourself a role model in terms of body/weight/curves!
    Keep that picture in your phone or anywhere to boost your motivation!
  • Hlschrock1212
    Hlschrock1212 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey we are in the same boat, I joined recently to have a accountable to the numbers I front of me! I suggest that you pack protein in late so your. Not fired up on carbs late, this will help you sleep too! I eat more than knew before I started this week in calorie in always logged! Know I know why I can't loss weight! Worked already! Lost 1/2 in 3/4 days! Tweet some things until you see your making a head way very day in the log! My goals are your goals 30/40 lbs would be perfect for me also! I would like by JUNE 1 my wedding anniversary! I don't work or have any stress, so I suspect that is in my favor, you want in August, so keep it up!
  • TaurusV
    Options
    I had problems with gaining weight after marriage, starting a new univ graduate course and moving to another country, so we are on same boat here, I had 10 kgs to lose. Now 4 kg. It is slow, but I hope is going for sure lol Nice to meet ya!
  • JeniFairchild
    JeniFairchild Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm always in need of friends! I am willing to give encouragement! Good Luck Feel free to friend me!
  • hippiechic2
    hippiechic2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm similar. I am 5.5 and weigh 174 have about 20 lbs to loose. My body type is medium but after I had my last baby I was 155 and a size 4! I felt great and want to get back to that feeling. This 20 lbs is weighing me down. I do low carbs and lots of fresh whole foods, veggies, etc. BUT i am not so good at keeping up with my exercise and myfitnesspal app. so feeling a bit lost in that and would like to join in :-)