Need help finding a good bra for running..

Options
Hi ladies of MFP,

I am in serious need of some suggestions for good running/sports bras. Right now I'm wearing 2 (sometimes more) bras at a time just to jog and it's very uncomfortable. I've tried looking at all of the national sports supply stores (****'s, Sports Authority, etc), as well as specialty running stores and online at Moving Comfort's website but I cannot find anything that sufficiently supports "the girls". I'm tired of being in pain every time I try to run :(. I wear a 34DDD/34G size so I need something that fits tightly enough to hold them down and allow for only minimal movement. Please post any suggestions you have for good, sturdy bras that might work! Thanks!

Replies

• jussy123
    jussy123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I found the lululemon Tata tamer very good. I also had an underarmor one that was good, but lost it:(

I also use a bra, and then wear the tops that have built-in-bras. I get no movement at all, and I run. I am a 32ddd
  • caviggia
    caviggia Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I found the lululemon Tata tamer very good. I also had an underarmor one that was good, but lost it:(

I also use a bra, and then wear the tops that have built-in-bras. I get no movement at all, and I run. I am a 32ddd
    ???? This. I have several friends that are larger in bra size and swear by the lulu lemon tata tamer.

I usually go with the real bra with underwire and sports bra over top. I'm thinking of trying the tata tamer sometime soon! Im a 34d and it seems to work except when the sports bra stretches out after months of use and washing
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Panache.
  • dream_big
    dream_big Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Tata tamer from lululemon! I will never use anything else!!
  • PMZee
    PMZee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Check out Enell. It is ugly, but very effective. Many large-breasted women swear by it.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Enell. I'm 38DDD and when I wear my Enell not only can I run, I can do burpees with the jump at the end, and the Jillian Michaels 30-day shred, all levels.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    enell is good but at the OP's size she's going to be in between sizes where she's going to busting out of the size 2 boob wise but the size 3 will be too loose and will cause friction against the rib cage skin. i know because i went through that at that same size, got the cut skin scars and eventually got sized out of enell.

i'm 34HH and panache and shock absorber are pretty much the best i've found. they arent perfect but it probably saves about 80-85% of bounce

ETA: OP I noticed that you stated you are 34DDD/34G please note that in different brands these are not the same size. Generally speaking in non-American brands, DDD will be smaller than what they call an F/G
  • tjeller
    Options
    Moving comfort has a good bra. I found mine at REI.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I ordered sports bras on Amazon Prime so that I could do a jump test and then send back as needed. I landed on the Glamorise Full Support No Bounce Sport Bra. l love it.

I'm sure that the lulu and enell are great products...I just figured that for the price they want for those I could pay someone to hold my girls up instead much cheaper.
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DDD now, and I swear by the Enell's. The one poster above may be right in that you could be between sizes. I wear a size 3. If you end up going w/ the size 2 and find that it chafes, grab a product named "Glide for Her". It keeps the Enell's from digging in. I can get into a size 2 and get it hooked, but it seriously looks like the girls are trying to escape from the top of the bra...
  • indunna
    indunna Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Freya Active Underwire Molded Sports Bra is great. May switch to Panache for breath-ability this summer. Both are pricey but keeping the girls in check is worth it.
  • Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber bras are my absolute favourite www.shockabsorber.co.uk

I purchase from www.lessbounce.com they stock other ranges too, e.g. panache etc. They always have price deals on.

HTHs
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I love my Moving Comfort bras. I have tried the Enells and the fit does not work for me. I'm a 36H. The Moving Comfort is the best I've found. I do still wear a yoga tank with a light shelf bra over top of it, but occasionally I don't and I'm fine-it actually might just be a mental comfort to wear the tank top lol!
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber and panache everytime hun
    Shock absorber have run specific bra
  • imaqt0043
    imaqt0043 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Going to check out the Tata Tamer and the other ones if that doesn't work :)