i finally did walk aerobics

Options
today was the day i finally did walk aerobics for the first time with Leslie Sansone, i chose to do the 3 mile video, in my laundry room, with my laptop all by myself with a mirror hangin on the wall that reminded me how fat i was, when i dared to look into it.
At first, i didnt think id even get past 10 minutes, but i did, then i thought id try for maybe 15 or 20. I got to that mark,and then i thought, well ill try for 30 mins and stop, i got to 30 and just wanted to keep going...and i did! I completed the WHOLE workout and according to Leslie i walked 3 miles..... so im very impressed.

My thoughts about her and her workout.

1. I didnt find her annoying (i find alot of people annoying) she encouraged me and seem to say the right thing at the right
time without sounding corny.
2 I found her workout easy to follow. She showed new steps slowly.
3. Her workout only involved 4 key steps. (easy to learn and follow)
4. she slowed down to get our heartrate lower towards the end (much apprciated lol)
5. Did some little stretches in the end which i loved. but wish she had more.
6.I would do it again tomorrow.
7. it was easy to find, i found mine on youtube, so i didnt need to spend a dime.
8. I sweated and felt good afterwards and couldnt believe i walked so far in my laundry room hahha

hope this helps others for some easy exercise .

my fitness level is very low. im sedentry and weight 250pounds. (or 115kg =(.. yes i put on the 1kg i lost last month..but im hanging in there )

Replies

• momtastic2014
    Options
    Omg someone on here just told me about this yesterday and I did it yesterday and tolday. I am hooked! I love it soooo much. I did the 5mile but I only did an hour of it because I was doing other things too :drinker:
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about doing these occasionally in order to up my activity on my fitbit to try and get my 10,000 steps/day in. These videos seem perfect right now due to a lot of us being snowed in...ugh!

Congrats on finding activity you like!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE leslie. She essentially inspired me to keep going. I started with her when I was very out of shape. I could hardly do 5 minutes. I stuck with it, and it was so addicting because it was easy to follow, yet challenging enough that I would sweat! It felt amazing being able to understand her quickly too.

I lost my first 30lbs with her, and I still do the at home walking videos through out the week. It is wonderful too because I know that no matter what, I will be able to do those dvds weather it is too hot, too cold, if i was to ever become prego, I'm not "up to it" - whatever- it is essentially excuse free.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    i agree about the weather outside, its horrible winter in sweden for me, so the last thing i want to do is walk outside..(mentally my mind would throw a childish tamtrum literally, i just KNOW it)
    so its great to do this inside for real... =)

so glad other people are doing this too! makes me feel less alone i guess =)