Looking for dedicated friends

Options
Hello!

I've been on MFP for a little while now and have had my share of success and failure, but have yet to have any real success so far. Anything I've lost before I've gained back probably plus some - I haven't weighed in a while. This is actually a new account, I wanted to start over fresh.

Anyways, I've decided that enough is enough and I really want to get serious about this! I don't want to make any excuses for myself anymore and it's nobody's fault but mine to be where I am right now and I'm also the only one who's going to be able to fix it.

I need some dedicated friends that most importantly log daily and can help keep me accountable for keeping up with logging and exercise. I have the diet part if it down pretty well, could use some help in the self control department on the weekends, but I lack in self discipline the most when it comes to working out.

My plan is to start Couch to 5K on mon-wed-fri, and then do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred on tue-thur. Weekends are either rest days or something outdoors like hiking :)

Looking forward to meeting new friends!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• thelowcarblady
    thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • buchanan700
    Options
    Hi, very happy to be a buddy, just starting out really, your post just made me download couch to 5k app :)
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I don't run, but I do log daily and work out regularly if you want to friend me.
  • walkingDeadDenise
    Options
    you can friend me too. i'm working with a personal trainer...committed to this for a year with her twice a week. she's going to look at my diary once a week and make suggestions.
  • mythopoeic
    mythopoeic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm logging daily while I lose the last 10 to 15. I've just started P90X to try something new. I'll check up on you.
  • seawolf86
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I log daily and my diary is open to friends. I used to have the same problem on weekends but am starting to get it under control :)
  • firesweetheart
    firesweetheart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I log daily and workout 3-5 a week depending on my schedule. Feel free to add me and I'm happy to help try and keep you motivated :-)
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I did a 10k running clinic from August-October and am now training for a half-marathon. I also do p90x and Jillian/bob videos. My diary is also open for viewing.
  • TXEXrunner
    TXEXrunner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Welcome adding you as a friend. I am mostly here for strength activities, but do try and log in daily. I will do my part to help with accountability! Congrats on the renewed effort to make another run at achieving your goal!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Come join us in the Couch To 5K group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/47-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k-
    You'll find lots of support and encouragement there. It's a great program and this is a great group to keep you focussed.

Congratulations on coming back and starting anew.