CLA 1250 suppliments for fat burning/weight loss?

Options
Hello everyone.

I am currently in the middle of a weight loss campaign to get back into shape. My overall goal is 75 lbs, so far l've lost 50 of that and l'm on the home stretch for the last 25.

Recently l've decided to begin supplementing my diet and exercise with fat burning supplements to help boost my metabolism and get the most out of my workouts.

I purchased some CLA 1250 soft-gel capsules and l have a question regarding how often and when l should take them to help with weight loss/fat burning. I'm not exactly trying to bulk up or anything, just burn fat. The package says to take 1 - 2 capsules with each meal...

My question is, should l do this daily, or only on workout days? When is the best time to take it, before a workout or after? Should l take it with each meal, or just once a day?

I currently workout 5 days a week for at least 45 minutes (each workout) on a treadmill doing interval training, or wearing resistance weights and jogging at a moderate pace, with a focus on getting my heart rate into the target fat burning zone.

I'm taking Assault before my workout to increase my heart rate, and energy levels ... and drinking a Whey protein shake immediately after my workout to help nourish my muscles after the workout.

Other than that, l'm eating a limited calorie diet of good healthy foods, and taking standard vitamins and supplements twice daily (vitamin's B & C, Fish Oil etc.)

So if anyone can give me some insight on when and how to use CLA 1250 to help me lose this weight, and any other suggestions the help my body burn fat would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Supplements aren't needed to lose weight. Food will have more than enough of the necessary nutrients/vitamins/minerals/anti oxidants if you're eating correctly.

There really isn't any "fat burning" supplements. Almost all have a stimulant of some sort in them or an appetite suppressant.

Weight loss comes down to CONSISTENCY with calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    the dosing will be every day of the week, I don't know what the recommended daily intake is.

There is no compelling research that shows CLA is effective for fat loss, so you have most likely wasted your money there.

see post #4
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112301601
  • jspicher81
    jspicher81 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks Hendrix, looks like you're right.
    Bummer, l found the product listed as a "fat burner" on that same site...

So you think l should just skip it... or take' em anyway just in case they do something for me?
  • marshrowan
    marshrowan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks Hendrix, looks like you're right.
    Bummer, l found the product listed as a "fat burner" on that same site...

So you think l should just skip it... or take' em anyway just in case they do something for me?

I have taken them for 4 months now and I have noticed a huge difference in muscle tone!! I do still eat healthy its just something I have added to my daily routine i'm not relying on it to lose weight .