Needing to lose 150+ pounds.

Options
2»

Replies

• jsf57
    jsf57 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm hoping to lose about 75 pounds. Anyone in the same boat can add me, too. I stepped away for a while since 2012, but finally need to get serious. Not really a big poster.
  • motmot21
    motmot21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as well...I, too, am addicted to food!!! I have about 180 to lose and do feel somewhat overwhelmed at that...however, this is s great forum and motivator so let's support one another!!
  • tavasue
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congrats on having the courage to start on this journey! I know how hopeless I felt and how scared of yet another failure I was when I first started this. I was at 309 pounds when I started and now 78 pounds lighter, I feel great and can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I come from a family full of drug and alcohol addictions and thought I got away without being an addict until I had my awakening and realized I am an addict and my drug of choice is food. Once I faced reality I became able to deal with it and figure out how to recover. Some days I struggle more than others. On those days I think about what my wise mother tells me, "the high only lasts a moment" and the joy I feel when I conquer one food craving at a time is lasting!

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Welcome. Feel free to add me.
  • KMW1219
    KMW1219 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi there Deann! I just started today too! :) I need to lose about 150 pounds as well so I'm right with ya baby! We can do this!!
  • Lindakaye_101
    Options
    Request sent!
    I want to lose 101 lbs.
    We can do this!!!
  • NidiaG24
    NidiaG24 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ALL you ladies are amazing with your weightloss and your determinations.
  • bbubb1
    bbubb1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi DeeAnn!! My name is Barb!!! I myself want to lose about 150 lbs!!! Please feel free to add me!!! I started my journey in September and absolutely love this program!!! Welcome aboard!!!
  • dethrock88
    dethrock88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in the same boat as ya'll I lost 70 pounds over the last year but gained some back over the holidays, and my goal is to double that number this year. Its been a rough road but I feel so much better now with what little progress I have made, there is no way I'm going to give up now.
  • kandicep70
    Options
    I'm wanting to lose weight and get physically fit. I would like to have some friends on here who can help me - hold me accountable -encourage me- and hopefully be a part of my success.
  • ibgirl2009
    Options
    Hey! I am on the same boat as you! I just started my journey so feel free to add me.
  • graciaincito
    graciaincito Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I was 342lbs when i started my journey last february. Food was my go to drug. Things were going wrong in my life, my health was failing, I was fighting depression, and I would turn to food to medicate. When my grandfather passed away last year though, I realised I needed to change. I joined a gym, started eating 5 small meals a day (1600 calories) and signed up with a personal trainer to help guide my strength training. Since then, I've lost 146lbs. I feel stronger than I've ever felt in my life, and I feel like my goal is within reach.

SW 342lbs
    CW 196lbs
    GW 160-170lbs

Feel free to add me or message me :)
  • Laura8823
    Options
    I am in the same boat and this is my first day on this website. I actually started my journey about three months ago and as of today I have lost 25 pounds. So far, I love this website----it's comforting to know that other people are having the same difficulties as I. Food as always been a friend of mine---through the good and the bad----food has always been there. I trying to change the way I feel about food and stop the addiction. I will friend anyone who needs encouraging because I can certainly use some.
    Good luck to all of us---Laura
  • lizak953
    lizak953 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started out with over 200lbs to lose, I lost 46lbs before I discovered MFP. I now have 91 lbs to go. Anyone can feel free to add me :)