100 pounds to lose.

Options
Hello- I have 100 pounds to lose and 50 of those pounds I would like to lose by the end of June.
Has anyone lost 100 pounds or is trying to lose 100 pounds?

Is anyone beginning this journey as well? What strategies are you using?

Replies

• Razzzzle
    Razzzzle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i'm down over 50lb, its been slow going for me as I like my food, it took me a year to lose 50lb
  • janeytom
    janeytom Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I do! And I've been here 3 weeks today...and today's weigh-in...I lost 2.4 lbs. since my last weigh-in (I weigh only once a week, on Sunday morning)! That's 11.2 lbs. so far.
    I weigh/log everything! I didn't know that a tic tac has 10 calories...now I do!
    I go every morning and do "laps" around the grocery store- I have a bad hip, and the carriage gives me something to hold on to.
    I'm 64 years old, never exercised and thought I would never be able to do this. I can! So can you! Good luck to you!
  • mandipurcell87
    Options
    I am on the same mission! I started January with a weight of 297lbs and my goal is to loose half by the end of June and and the other half by the end of December. So far I have lost 16lbs and I feel great. i'd love to do this "together on here", can you add me as a friend on Myfitnesspal? mandipurcell87. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to discuss what I'm doing and exchange tips and such. Right at this minute I am getting ready to leave my place, but I will be back on tonight. Good luck!
  • charlicee
    Options
    End of June for 50 lbs is pushing it. Try losing by end of summer for gradual weight loss.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have 150 to lose myself. I have about 10 gone so far and I want to have 75 total gone by my 50th birthday this October, another 25 by Christmas, and another 50 by next summer. Basically I am doing more moving, more protein, more veggies in a nutshell.
  • mel5580
    mel5580 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ to lose..I have a long journey ahead of me but I feel determined that I can do it and so can you!!! Feel free to add as friend if you want to :) Best of luck!!!
  • MeRoHa
    MeRoHa Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started out hoping to lose in excess of 100 pounds. To get where I really want to be my total loss should be 130 or so. Since the end of July 2013 I have lost 75 pounds by using MFP to track my intake and exercise every day.
  • annael25
    annael25 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I am trying to lose 100+ pounds. Right now, I'm at my heaviest. I know it's going to be a long journey, but I have faith. :) June is coming up and 50 lbs would be very difficult to lose within such a short amount of time. I'm sure it's possible, but it would take A LOT to shed that much. I am trying to be realistic and am hoping to lose 5-10 pounds per month. I started in January and have lost 8, so here''s to hoping!

I track everything and do some sort of exercise every night, even if it's for 10-20 minutes. I'm big into Zumba Fitness at home because it forces you to move your feet. I walk everywhere (mainly because I don't own a car) and drink lots of water.
  • snootmaster
    snootmaster Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Planning on a total of 140 down, currently have lost 54 lbs. No real time agenda but just trying to enjoy how much better I am feeling. I changed my diet fairly dramatically-much less processed foods, stopped drinking diet soda, rarely eat out, cooking and baking a lot, eating vegan, formally exercising on my days off (I work 12 hour shifts) and always trying to add steps here and there. Honestly, once I got rid of the junk food I rarely get strong overly compelling cravings anymore. Feel free to add me if you are looking for more pals.
  • maryy33
    maryy33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I also h ave 100 to lose but right now,I would be happy w with 50 like you I am 69 have e ing trouble walking because if my spine I need to hold on to something I lose 4.9 so f are in one m month good luck m a ry
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I started at 225 with a goal loss of 100lbs. Currently down 59. It's possible! Don't be discouraged if it is slow, or if there are weeks where your loss stalls a bit. As long as you stay within your cals and are doing things correctly, it will come off.

And those .4 or .2 or .8 losses add up and all of the sudden you are 20lbs down, look different and feel better and can barely remember being that size.

Oh, and for me... I wanted to immediately go down a size. But a combination of wearing a too small size that I had also stretched out meant that I went a good 35 lbs before I lost a size. But since then, it has been more like 10lbs a size. So cut yourself some slack if you can't wear the next size down.

Also, it took almost 50lbs before people at work seemed confident enough in my loss to comment. But then everybody commented within a week or two. So it may be a while before nonfamily tell you you look different. Partly because they don't pay that much attention and partly because it is a sensitive subject. So judge your success by your own standards and if others notice great and if they don't, don't let it affect your own happiness. :)
  • toad493lbs
    toad493lbs Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 313 pounds, I am down 75 pounds so far. Low Salt, NO sodas, No caffeine! Limit my starches and watch out for cookies lurking in the shadows trying to attack my taste buds. Try to stay as close to 1200 cals a day as I can. Exercise regularly and be HONEST with myself. My diary should be open. Some days I eat more than I should, like today. All the kids came over for spaghetti dinner. Yes I ate more than I wanted but you do have to have some of those days too. Then you should not binge so often.
  • Chunky2Healthy
    Options
    I have 100+ lbs to lose but my first goal is 56 lbs by July. :flowerforyou:
  • mohawkRN
    mohawkRN Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have 150 to lose myself. I have about 10 gone so far and I want to have 75 total gone by my 50th birthday this October, another 25 by Christmas, and another 50 by next summer. Basically I am doing more moving, more protein, more veggies in a nutshell.

I'm trying to reach my goal by my 40th at the end of September - we can encourage each other. (Also, I am an ER nurse married to a medic so we have that in common, too!)
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have lost over a hundred pounds. This is what helped me....

Track your food and eat in a deficit, I can't stress this enough (actually this is the biggest thing)

Working out helped me in that is burned calories and I seemed to eat better when I am working out...don't know why, it is just the way it goes with me.

Stay focused, remember if you make a mistake accept it and move on. Keep trying, don't stop trying and you will get this.

Get on the scale often, it keeps me focused.

Drink lots of water (this helped me)

Get sleep (studies show sleep has an impact on weight loss)

Get lots of support!!!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    With determination and honest logging of EVERYTHING that you eat and drink, you may be able to meet your goal.
    I lost 90# in the first 6 months on MFP. I did not begin to exercise until I had lost the first 90#. My knees hurt all the time and I was unable to walk up a flight of stairs without becoming out of breath. That was October of 2012. I am 62 years old.
    I have had a fit bit for a year now. Today I had my best day ever for total steps 26,400. I am in better shape now than I have been in decades. If I can do it, most anyone can! Good luck to you!
  • raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 145 lbs. to date (61ish since I joined MFP last May). Just want to encourage you as you start this journey. My motto has been that I will only fail if I quit, and I refuse to quit.

Find a way of eating that works for you and that you can adapt for maintenance once you've lost all the weight you want to lose.

Second - water, water, water. Don't let yourself get dehydrated.

Third - some kind of exercise. Whatever you and your joints can handle (for me, it's been a stationary recumbent bike, and now I'm ready to move to using my treadmill.) I have bad knees but with the weight loss to date, have tossed my cane, my pain med and rarely have any knee pain - certainly no more daily/chronic pain.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I hesitate to tie weight loss goals to a date. I do not want to set myself up for failure or feel like I failed to meet a deadline or somehow did it wrong. My goal is to lose a pound a week. As long as I average that, even if weight bounces around, it's fine. Some weeks I lose, some weeks I don't, but it all comes out in the wash. I stalled for a month before, but like I said, no big deal. Stick to the program and it'll be fine.

Things I do:

Sugared sodas and juice - I cut them out. They're carb loads I do not need with PCOS and add a lot of extra calories that I rather eat or tie to more balanced nutrition like a breakfast shake/smoothie with some protein.

I log everything. Even when I have a whatever day. I still end up logging. The only day I've not logged since I got here was when I was at my parents' house all day for the holidays and didn't have a flippity clue about how to log the variety of home cookin' I was eating. So I decided not to stress and moved on.

I do not eat "clean" per se, but I wash my food and cook it to the recommended temps for food safety, so I wouldn't say that I eat dirty. ;) No dirty food here!

Anyway, I slowly, slowly, slowly increased my exercise. When you're very heavy, it's hella stress on your joints, love your knees, and be nice to your ankles. I'm sorry you have back problems. There are lots of exercises that won't have you doing burpees or running around while still giving a good burn. You can do tai chi which requires very little lower body movement, just gentle stepping motions out and back, to the side, and back, flowing and slow. It helps with balance and control. There's no rush with tai chi and you only move and stretch as far as you are comfortable with.

The good thing about MFP is the plan is structured to set you up for weight loss whether you exercise or not. Exercise, like cardio, lets you eat more, but you don't have to exercise to lose weight. So if your spine issue makes exercise very difficult for you, focus on logging to maintain your calorie intake at your goal level and that'll do. Maybe once you lose some weight, you'll be able to work on mild exercising for strength and stability.
  • VictoriasImage77
    VictoriasImage77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    120 pounds to lose :)
  • MsDeitra
    MsDeitra Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well over 200 to lose... Be happy to walk this journey with you! Anyone feel free to add me! Motivation is a struggle for me!