Travelers Lunch

Options
I'm a local truck driver and I am looking for help with easy to make cold lunches and snacks I can take with me . So hard to not eat fat foods and to much sugars. Ps I am a old guy who can't cook but needs to loose weight . lol :smile:

Replies

• Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    String cheese and oranges.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Fresh raw veggies, like carrots, celery, radishes, cucumbers, bell peppers, pea pods. You can cut them up and put in snack zip lock bags. Fresh fruit, apples, oranges, clementines, bananas, grapes. Whole wheat sandwich rounds or wraps with your favorite fillings. Very portable and easy to eat.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    There is a product called Go Picnic with shelf-stable healthy foods. You could get a few to keep in your truck with you. The meals are around 350 to 400 calories a meal, so you may wish to supplement with an apple or something else.
    We take them with us on our cross-country road trips and I have really enjoyed some of the meals a lot!
  • kpixydiva
    kpixydiva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Do you have the ability to keep things cool?

I would suggest simple simple Greek yogurt parfaits. (Greek Yogurt, a little honey, granola), sliced apples with peanut butter, a simple turkey sandwich with whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, spinach leaves and tomato. I like to keep nuts and protein bars on hand for quick food needs. It's not much, but it's a start.
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I eat chicken wraps almost every day for lunch. You can bake the weeks worth of chicken breast at once, all you have to do is slice some up, throw it on a wrap with some cheese/veggies/sauce, and good to go. I usually take a salad or some veggies to go along with it.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    If you cant keep food cold and don't want to do ANY prep work, I suggest a pouch of low sodium tuna, or a jar of baby food sausages (I promise they taste like a less fatty vienna sausage.